The World Cup 2010 thread

Who will go home with the world cup?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

PnKnG

Banned
Reaction score
Since I'm born in Germany I will let you guess which team I'm rooting for ;)

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Sephiroth952

Ibby Fanboy
Reaction score
Mid game got bored of the commentators..switched over to the Spanish channel and lols ensued.Blablabblalalablalbala GGGGGOOOOOAAAAALLLLL!!!!! lmao

Izebecool

Reaction score
Nasty game by Germany. Seems like they are pretty solid this year.

Sang-Drax

Reaction score
^ Pretty much! Very offensive and tactical. Australia might not have much tradition in football, but their defense is always solid. Scoring 4 times isn't too shabby.

TheSixthWheel

bangetzit
Reaction score

Sure they're solid, they're 3 time world cup champs, and 3 time Euro champs. Their game against Australia wasn't that great, most of what made Germany look strong was Australia doing nothing with the ball in the small amount of time they had possession.

Here's how the game went. Germany VS Australia:

Goal. Piss poor ref'ing (unseen fouls, retarded brutal decisions), Goal. German diving team was simulating their asses off. Goal. Some more piss poor ref'ing, Australia doing nothing. Goal.

Scar Symmetry

Ex Whiny Bitch
Reaction score

When aren't they solid? :lol:

While Australia were poor, I thought Germany played some great football, a lot of very, very good passes going up the pitch at an insane pace.

In fact, the way they were playing they should've scored more.

TheSixthWheel

bangetzit
Reaction score
Cheers for the link....Yeah those things are doing no good for the players themselves, viewers at home or the crowd at the games (saw one woman who came prepared with construction ear muffs, that'd be the ticket). At 130db it must be fucking deafening in the crowd, and sustained for 90/120 mins? Holy shit. The article states that they're "toying" with the idea of handing out free ear plugs at the matches to avoid potential lawsuits after all the hearing loss suffered. What the fuck? Only toying with it? There's 3 matches a day, whats the fucking hold up? Earplugs are cheap as piss...especially considering the amount the venues and FIFA must be charging for the ticket price alone.

Reaction score
Yeah, ear plugs are cheap, but banning those sonic abortions is a much more cost effective solution. Plus, ear plugs don't solve the problem for the folks like you and me at home that have to deal with the sound of 9 million angry radioactive bees while watching a match.

Sang-Drax

Reaction score
^^ I so wanted to watch this match! Too bad I'm at work :-/

Yeah, ear plugs are cheap, but banning those sonic abortions is a much more cost effective solution. Plus, ear plugs don't solve the problem for the folks like you and me at home that have to deal with the sound of 9 million angry radioactive bees while watching a match.

:lol:

Couldn't agree more!

Johnboy_Ice

Reaction score
Italy tying to Paraguay was a horrible result from Italy fans perspective, and that makes me happy :) Also, I bet on that game to tie so I made money as well. double win.

but GO GERMANY! (I was born there)
awesome showing against the aussies winning 4-0 I don't think any other team looked as good as Germany so far in terms of composure and all out performance. (although Australia isn't really known for being the strongest footy nation...)

Guitarwizard

Reaction score
Anyone else being excited about North Korea getting dstroyed by Brazil? :lol:
I think it's really funny... A collision of two extremely different cultures..

')