The World Cup 2010 thread

Who will go home with the world cup?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Lord_Elixer

I am weasel!
Reaction score
Damn... another draw ... oh well, it is better than nothing!
Come on Slovenia! Beat them or hold them ... and obviously... come on Algeria OR USA! I dont care just someone get the damn 3 points!! mwahaha

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

777timesgod

Officially the unofficial Forum Censor
Reaction score
This WC is turning out reeeeaaallyy great!!

No one cares about your toilet experiences mate!:mad::lol:

First congrats to Greece for finally getting a win at a world cup, secondly thank you england. The comedy provided by the english commentators was all thanks to your crappy playing. Lol

Rooney was all over the place, the irony was that during half-time they showed an ad (by Nike I think) which showed Rooney triumphing at the cup and getting all the glory...:rolleyes:

ralphy1976

1 less ERGNESS
Reaction score
No one cares about your toilet experiences mate!:mad::lol:

First congrats to Greece for finally getting a win at a world cup, secondly thank you england. The comedy provided by the english commentators was all thanks to your crappy playing. Lol

Rooney was all over the place, the irony was that during half-time they showed an ad (by Nike I think) which showed Rooney triumphing at the cup and getting all the glory...:rolleyes:

at least you got to score 1 goal thus far....France??!!!!!

CapenCyber

Reaction score
^
That's a lot of hate :lol:

Yeah the Welsh and Scots are envious at the fact that England owns them so they automatically hate all English teams. The English however don't care about the Welsh or Scottish teams as they have practically no significance as countries.

<runs>

Lord_Elixer

I am weasel!
Reaction score
Oh no you di'nt!
lmao I don't hate English teams, I don't generally follow football, or sport at all...
I'm not even that patriotic, I see this world as round, therefore everyone is equally hated... lol
If I have to endure the world cup, I might as well take enjoyment from a desperate teams misfortune! I mean, it has been almost half a century since you guys tasted world cup victory :-D

moyersshred

Reaction score
i thought spain was going to
run away with it and beat everyone
by miles..
but i think there could a dark horse.
germany possibly.

ralphy1976

1 less ERGNESS
Reaction score
i thought spain was going to
run away with it and beat everyone
by miles..
but i think there could a dark horse.
germany possibly.

Germany a dark horse..seriously?!!!!

Germany is one of the most consistent WC team ever, so as a dark horse i'd say France or England right now!!!! :lol:

vampiregenocide

Reaction score
England's performance thus far has been disappointing, and the fouls I saw in the Algeria game make me feel like we don't deserve to win.

Sang-Drax

Reaction score
I'm a little disappointed with all big European teams save Germany, tbh. I didn't see the match against Serbia, but I like what I saw against Australia.

That said, I'm not holding my breath for Brazil either. Argentina would probably be my pick now, even with that horrible defense :noplease:

Lord_Elixer

I am weasel!
Reaction score
Am going to miss my first match of this World Cup ... have decided to watch MotoGP insead...Am not too bothered about Slovakia Vs Paraguay as long as I can watch the Brazil and Italy matches! ... just hope there is better football than previous games...

TheSixthWheel

bangetzit
Reaction score
I'm a little disappointed with all big European teams save Germany, tbh. I didn't see the match against Serbia, but I like what I saw against Australia.

That said, I'm not holding my breath for Brazil either. Argentina would probably be my pick now, even with that horrible defense :noplease:

Keep liking what you saw of Germany against Australia, it was one of the worst games I've seen Australia play recently. Australia don't deserve to win this thing, but are still doing damn well in this competition considering it's not the national sport here. There's no funding put into it, all kids end up playing cricket or Australian Rules Football.

The last 30 mins of the AUS vs GHANA match was good football from the Australians. If they keep playing like that, they won't get completely slaughtered. If they keep panicking like they did after they scored the 1st goal in their game vs Ghana, they're doomed.

Ironberry

Reaction score
Brazil has to be the only team that was expected to go far that I haven't been disappointed by.

Sang-Drax

Reaction score
Keep liking what you saw of Germany against Australia, it was one of the worst games I've seen Australia play recently. Australia don't deserve to win this thing, but are still doing damn well in this competition considering it's not the national sport here. There's no funding put into it, all kids end up playing cricket or Australian Rules Football.

The last 30 mins of the AUS vs GHANA match was good football from the Australians. If they keep playing like that, they won't get completely slaughtered. If they keep panicking like they did after they scored the 1st goal in their game vs Ghana, they're doomed.

:lol:

Well, the fact that they lost to Serbia afterwards sort of corroborates what you said. Regardless, most teams in this cup are satisfied when they reach 1x0, but Germany kept pressuring the attack. That alone makes me want to watch them play =)

I haven't watched Aus x Gha, but I want to see the last one against Serbia.

Ironberry said:
Brazil has to be the only team that was expected to go far that I haven't been disappointed by.

Last match was a world ahead of the previous one. Makes me feel even a little optimistic. I've got disappointed myself with Côte d'Ivoir's behavior :nono:. Save for Drogba, who's been a gentleman throughout the whole match, other players played quite dirtily.

Well, they just gave me one more reason to root for Portugal.

Marv Attaxx

Reaction score
Everybody here in Germany is going batshit cause we lost :lol:

')