The World Cup 2010 thread

Who will go home with the world cup?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Lord_Elixer

I am weasel!
Reaction score
A well deserved victory, some great playing today... Let us hope the Spain match is just as entertaining!

Opeth666

Reaction score
I was reading a blog and some fans were saying how Portugal should have stopped at 3 goals...in a reg season game maybe but In a tournement you run that score up!.

Kudos to Portugal! im a USA fan by heart but Portugal has always been my team.

Sang-Drax

Reaction score
I was reading a blog and some fans were saying how Portugal should have stopped at 3 goals...in a reg season game maybe but In a tournement you run that score up!.

Well, those fans are blatantly wrong. Portugal will face Brazil on friday, and Côte d'Ivoir will face North Korea. Côte d'Ivoir will likely win, and Portugal will lose :fawk:. So, Portugal and Côte d'Ivoir will be tied at 4 points each. The team who has the better goal difference will qualify for the octave finals.

Sang-Drax

Reaction score
^ Yeah, I hope we play serious. Brazil is already qualified, and when we're not motivated we play like crap :rant:.

Portugal is my second team anyway, so I wouldn't be too sad if we lost. I hope they get even farther than last WC! :yesway:

Opeth666

Reaction score
as much as I love brazil and love watching them play and watch them advance, I actually wouldn't mind seeing them kicked out of the first round some how i'd find joy in that, because it would be a total shocker noone would expect it haha

BigPhi84

Pronounced "FEE"
Reaction score
Holy Crap, that goal from Spain was Beautiful.

Scar Symmetry

Ex Whiny Bitch
Reaction score

Stopped at 3 goals... and deliberately missed out on more points? :lol:

Duraesu

Reaction score
Stopped at 3 goals... and deliberately missed out on more points? :lol:

yeah, go figure... lool anyway, now everyone is watching the portuguese team uh?? =P i just hope that they continue to play like that... afterall we are on the third place of the FIFA ranking!

Opeth666

Reaction score
yeah, go figure... lool anyway, now everyone is watching the portuguese team uh?? =P i just hope that they continue to play like that... afterall we are on the third place of the FIFA ranking!

ive always been a big fan of Portugal wayyyyyyyy back in the day. they are a great team, really enjoyed watching Figo play

DrunkyMunky

Korn plzkthkxbai
Reaction score
ive always been a big fan of Portugal wayyyyyyyy back in the day. they are a great team, really enjoyed watching Figo play

Figo, Rui Costa, João Vieira Pinto, Vitor Baía and a few others belong to the golden generation of Portuguese football. They were great back then. I will never forget the team we had from 1996 to 2004:bowdown:.

Right now it's kind of "meh"...

ralphy1976

1 less ERGNESS
Reaction score
if you guys could only speak french....and i seriously hope that England will qualify, otherwise some people may not enjoy their return home!!!

DrunkyMunky

Korn plzkthkxbai
Reaction score
The Portugal team is 'meh'...? What on Earth are you on about? :lol:

The qualification stage was far from brilliant. The game against Ivory Coast was painful to watch. I will believe in this team if we beat Brazil and eventually reach the final 4. Seven goals against North Korea was awesome but... let's wait and see. I'll only be truly happy when we actually win a cup.:rolleyes:

')