The World Cup 2010 thread

Who will go home with the world cup?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sang-Drax

Reaction score
Figo, Rui Costa, João Vieira Pinto, Vitor Baía and a few others belong to the golden generation of Portuguese football. They were great back then. I will never forget the team we had from 1996 to 2004:bowdown:.

Right now it's kind of "meh"...

Rui Costa was awesome. I was so pissed because Scolari rarely ever let him play during the last WC.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Lord_Elixer

I am weasel!
Reaction score
DAMMIT! I have to miss the England game!
I wanted to watch Slovenia sail through...and England crash & burn... *sobs*
Oh well... will have to watch them lose via highlights... lol

Scar Symmetry

Ex Whiny Bitch
Reaction score
IN-GUR-LUUUUND!

What a great game, I was on the edge of my seat for a good 80% of it, especially the last 5/10 minutes, so tense!

Glad to see the performance from the England team that everyone knew was there, can't blame people complaining when they knew they could do better.

Rooney's day will come!

Metalus

JP BFR Whore
Reaction score
SO STOKED about the USA advancing. I think i skipped a few heartbeats :lol:

Scar Symmetry

Ex Whiny Bitch
Reaction score
If England continue on the form they were on today, Germany and USA are in for trouble...

Having said that Slovenia aren't a great side so Germany could very well give England some grief.

Lord_Elixer

I am weasel!
Reaction score
The form they were on today? ... Granted I was unable to watch the match, but they only won 1-0 against Slovenia for crying out loud, that hardly says "great team" ..
Come on Germany, put them out of their misery... actually don't.. let them writhe in pain and let them suffer mwahahahaha! :-D

...p.s... I don't really care, am just enjoying it... lol

Reaction score
I fucking flipped my shit when they called Dempsey offside. Seriously, what the hell are these officials watching? Between this and disallowing Edu's goal, it seems they're going out of their way to fuck us. Luckily, it didn't cost us anything, and we won the group.

This France debacle is absolutely hilarious. Je suis desole, mon amies.

Scar Symmetry

Ex Whiny Bitch
Reaction score
The form they were on today? ... Granted I was unable to watch the match, but they only won 1-0 against Slovenia for crying out loud, that hardly says "great team" ..
Come on Germany, put them out of their misery... actually don't.. let them writhe in pain and let them suffer mwahahahaha! :-D

...p.s... I don't really care, am just enjoying it... lol

As we just saw with Germany v Ghana, form =/= goals :)

Lord_Elixer

I am weasel!
Reaction score
Very true .. I was not happy about what I saw from the Germans... will still put your sorry asses out... lmao!

(no offense by the way :p )

Scar Symmetry

Ex Whiny Bitch
Reaction score
I thought they played really well.

Absolutely none taken, if Germany get further than England then my mate at work owes me £10 :lol:

Marv Attaxx

Reaction score
The defence is lacking big time imho.
I thought it was kinda funny that the Boateng-brothers (both german-born) were playing against each other :lol:

Lord_Elixer

I am weasel!
Reaction score
The last 15-20 mins of the Italy match was enjoyable... my friend is raging that they are not advancing, which obviously means I am taking pleasure in mocking his misfortune..mwahaha!
Really can't wait to watch the Brazil Portugal game tomorrow..I have high hopes...

Murmel

Reaction score
Yay, Japan beat Denmark! :) They're really the only team I'm hoping for now that my country didn't even qualify :lol:

I'm not expecting Japan to get far, but I think it's fun to watch them play because they are pretty damn aggressive. And they sure surprised me, I thought they sucked at soccer but apparently they're not to shabby.

Johnboy_Ice

Reaction score
HAHAHAHAHA YESSS ITALY IS OUT!!!! THEY DIDNT WIN A SINGLE GAME!!!! YESSSS!@!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

(I hate Italian Soccer so much)

Sang-Drax

Reaction score
I was kinda rooting for Denmark, but man, with that defense... :noplease: .

')