The world's greatest primadonna just came crashing down

• Thread starter Vince
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

The Dark Wolf

Contributor
Reaction score
Gee, here's a surprise. :rolleyes:

I'm with you, Vin. Shit, put Pete Rose in the Hall of Fame already! Baseball has no credibility.

eaeolian

Pictures of guitars I don't even own anymore!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yawn. Like everybody didn't know this.

Regardless of their sourcing, they don't have proof - i.e., Bonds failing a drug test - so under MLB's rules, he's still viable.

While Bonds is a jerk, he should hardly be singled out in this - steriod use has most likely been rampant in MLB for years. Mark McGwire, anyone? Sammy Sosa? (Anyone wonder why Sosa's production "suddenly" fell to pieces when drug testing was introduced?)

We haven't even discussed pitchers, who may have been the worst of them all...

The Dark Wolf

Contributor
Reaction score
eaeolian said:
Yawn. Like everybody didn't know this.

Regardless of their sourcing, they don't have proof - i.e., Bonds failing a drug test - so under MLB's rules, he's still viable.

While Bonds is a jerk, he should hardly be singled out in this - steriod use has most likely been rampant in MLB for years. Mark McGwire, anyone? Sammy Sosa? (Anyone wonder why Sosa's production "suddenly" fell to pieces when drug testing was introduced?)

:agreed: Undoubtedly. Bonds is the poster boy, both good and bad, for reasons both good and bad, so...

Vince

Contributor
Reaction score
I agree with all you guys. Major League Baseball is a corrupt system from the top down. This is just a symptom of one of the many problems in the league.

Barry Bonds magnifies the issue though, because of his lack of respect for the fans and his attitude problems. He's the stereotypical ME player. I got to meet him one time. It was in the Arizona Center, an open-air mall in downtown Phoenix, near the ballpark & suns arena. Bonds was walking through the mall and my friend Dan was a fan, actually had some baseball cards with him ironically enough and asked for his autograph. Bonds didn't even make eye contact with him, signed the card and walked off with his nose in the air. The autograph was nothing but scribbles, and Bonds actually gripped the card so hard when he signed it that he damaged the card.

Jerk.

The Dark Wolf

Contributor
Reaction score
See, he probably feels baseball OWES him what he gets. Like you said, the prima donna attitude, Vin. We saw that a lot with celebs and athletes the last 30 years or so.

The interesting thing is look how it's changing lately. Consider the NBA. No more Michael Jordans around! (Who wasn't a bad guy by any means, but inspired 5 million Allen Iverson clones who wanted to be just like Mike, only without the decency or character.) So what do we have now? Team players. The Detroit Pistons, for example, with much less ego, money, and star power, but far more teamwork, competiveness, and skill. We saw that a litttle bit with the Steelers this year, too.

Baseball is just the last great holdout I guess. But their time is here. Time to face the music.

noodles

Contributor
Reaction score
This is why I no longer watch pro sports. The only thing separating a professional baseball player from a professional wrestler is the fact that the wrestler knows he's not accomplishing anything more than entertaining the audience.

Leon

{##[====:::.
Contributor
Reaction score
the terrible thing is, when Bonds' heart eventually explodes in his chest, he'll find a donor who didn't abuse themselves for personal glory, and he'll continue to shame baseball.

Jason

Forum MVP
Reaction score
I have had bad taste in my mouth about bonds when he said " i wont play in boston" spouts of some racial stuff when asked you ever been to boston? bonds reply? "no" whatever he's a douche and a hack hitting a baseball doesn't make you a great player look how much he has slacked in the field as of the past few years it's a HUGE embarssement.

Leon

{##[====:::.
Contributor
Reaction score
Roundhouse_Kick said:
You wouldn't catch any cricketers using that shit.Real men. :fawk:
how could they find the time to shoot-up when a match lasts 5 days? :lol: ;)

Mastodon

Songs about My Cats
Reaction score
Psh. Who the fuck cares even on steroids the Japaneese could probably kick the MLB's ass.

I say baseball should be played in super mech suits anyway.

garcia3441

Tone Whore
Contributor
Reaction score
Mastodon said:
Psh. Who the fuck cares even on steroids the Japaneese could probably kick the MLB's ass.

I say baseball should be played in super mech suits anyway.

The World Baseball Classic is coming up. We shall see, We shall see.

Kevan

Forum MVP
Reaction score
eaeolian said:
Well, I don't see too many/any pictchers being described by teammates as "The Incredible Hulk".

Maybe 'The Incredible Bulk'.

It's pretty obvious, going by general physique of those...ahem...professional atheletes, that they're NOT doing any "Vitamin S" (my little brother's nickname for steroids).
Hell, they're not even doing sit-ups.
:D

Jason

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Kevan said:
Well, I don't see too many/any pictchers being described by teammates as "The Incredible Hulk".

It's pretty obvious, going by general physique of those...ahem...professional atheletes, that they're NOT doing any "Vitamin S" (my little brother's nickname for steroids).

its not so much pitchers taking them to get bigger BUT to take them to help there muscles recoup faster.:agreed:

garcia3441

Tone Whore
Contributor
Reaction score
Kevan said:

Beside Palmero, the only big 'stars' who have been caught have been pitchers.

Rikimaru

Reaction score
The problem from what i have seen, is that there is very little accountability for these people. You may get banned banned for a couple of games and recieve a minor fine but you'll still likely be playing baseball.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/other_sports/us_sport/4437315.stm

How is a 10 day ban gonna discourage anybody?

MLB should take a leaf out of footballs book and put peoples reputations and even their livelihood's on the line. Adrian Mutu was banned for 8 months for taking a recreational drug.

http://archive.turkishpress.com/news.asp?id=32930

Kevan

Forum MVP
Reaction score
garcia3441 said:
Beside Palmero, the only big 'stars' who have been caught have been pitchers.
McGuire, Sosa and Canseco are pitchers? Damn. No one told me.

I honestly follow baseball as closely as I follow Britney's recording career, so...I wouldn't say I'm any kind of expert. But from watching the few baseball game that I have, are the pitchers doing steroids to increase the size of their beer guts?

Maybe I'm missing something, but I haven't heard of a pitcher cranking balls to South America 70 times in a season, or even 40.

')