"Their new shit's better!"

• Thread starter Metal Ken
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Toshiro

Contributor
Reaction score
Angra, with the exception of Aurora Consurgens (even though it's still a very good album). Temple of Shadows = :shred:

I fucking love the new one, but I have a "promo" version with no keyboards on my HDD that sounds better than my CD of it. :lol:

Dragonland

+1. They've gotten scary good.

Lot's of stuff already covered here, I'll just add these (edit) 3:

Mystic Prophecy. Actually better without Gus G, scary.
Norther. The improved production alone.... :lol:
Firewind. Their new singer makes that band.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Kagami

Forum MVP
Reaction score
:agreed: Sucks there not together anymore, at the rate they were headed they would be writing some sick ass jams.
that's what happens when half the band is married and has kids :lol:

Although nobody holds a candle to bruce's crazy vocals, the new soul embraced stuff sounds pretty good.

god9

Contributor
Reaction score
Woah! I just had a listen to this "Dragonland" never heard them before until a few minutes ago. These guys have some serious talent!

And I usually want to vomit upon hearing other 'power metal or 'fantasy metal', or whatever the hell they call this type of music.

Thanks for the suggestion :metal:

Labrie

King of the Swing
Reaction score

:yesway: I think their newest album 'N' is fantastic. I've always been a huge Norther fan though I don't really see them mentioned on these boards, which is disappointing because they're very good.

Now all we need is the new Wintersun album that's been postponed like a million times...

ShawnFjellstad

hates womanizers.
Reaction score
Woah! I just had a listen to this "Dragonland" never heard them before until a few minutes ago. These guys have some serious talent!

And I usually want to vomit upon hearing other 'power metal or 'fantasy metal', or whatever the hell they call this type of music.

Thanks for the suggestion :metal:

fuck yes. more people need to hear these guys.

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Nevermore, Dimmu Borgir, My Dying Bride, Cannibal Corpse, Amon Amarth, Black Dahlia Murder. All of those band's last albums were better than the last, and arguably their finest yet. The only one where it's close is My Dying Bride, as their last 2 albums IMO have been equally good.

ShawnFjellstad

hates womanizers.
Reaction score
the new amon amarth didn't do much for me. it was good, but nothing in their discography can even hold a candle to versus the world imo.

Mystic Prophecy. Actually better without Gus G, scary.
Firewind. Their new singer makes that band.

absolutely. firewind's new singer absolutely destroys the older ones.

')