There Will Be Blood

• Thread starter philkilla
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

philkilla

Baritone Maniac
Contributor
Reaction score
Just watched last night. Thought it was awesome.

Anyone else seen this? It has it's slow moments, but I was entertained. My chain-blunt smoking roomies had problems keeping up though.

Daniel-Day Lewis is an intense actor, and he truly is a fucking madman in this movie.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

jaxadam

Reaction score
Alan told me you guys were watching it, and I hadn't even heard of it. I'll have to check it out.

Metal Ken

Hates the Air
Contributor
Reaction score
My favorite part of that movie is that last scene

Where he makes Eli say "I am a false prophet and god is a superstition" like he's giving a sermon and then tells him theres no oil left, followed of course by the MILKSHAKE! bit.

philkilla

Baritone Maniac
Contributor
Reaction score

Where he makes Eli say "I am a false prophet and god is a superstition" like he's giving a sermon and then tells him theres no oil left, followed of course by the MILKSHAKE! bit.

Yes. That part was awesome.

COBHC

Belongs On 1 String
Reaction score
I was suprised at how well the movie was done. Hilarious movie.

philkilla

Baritone Maniac
Contributor
Reaction score
I'VE ABANDONED MY BOY!!!!

PlagueX1

Banned
Reaction score
The plot was depressing and watching all of that movie wanted to make me kill myself. Needless to say, I hated it.

Bound

SIC SEMPER TYRANNIS
Contributor
Reaction score

:lol:

"I'm finished" ... I love the look on the butlers face. But hey, he said he would bury him

I could watch lewis' character forever. So intense, so awesome. I've watched this movie 3 times now. And if you can take a break from the paying attention to the acting, the cinematography is gorgeous.

Karl Hungus

You're no daisy.
Contributor
Reaction score
Incredible film, very powerful, you don't just watch There Will Be Blood, you experience it.

Daniel Day Lewis is as always just so far beyond anyone else out there in terms of acting, quite easily one of the most powerful actors alive. He was terrific in Gangs of New York as well, which mightn't have been that great a film, his presence made it worth well watching.

:yesway:

The Dark Wolf

Contributor
Reaction score
:agreed: Times fifty kajillion. Wholeheartedly agree.

I thought this movie was so, so, so, so badass.

Daniel Day Lewis is beyond talented. He is so fucking good. That last scene is so crazy, so powerful. I've never seen a better performance, anywhere.

Even the creepy preacher was fan-fucking-tastic.

playstopause

Contributor
Reaction score
:agreed: Times fifty kajillion. Wholeheartedly agree.

I thought this movie was so, so, so, so badass.

Daniel Day Lewis is beyond talented. He is so fucking good. That last scene is so crazy, so powerful. I've never seen a better performance, anywhere.

Even the creepy preacher was fan-fucking-tastic.

So true. :agreed:

I'm a film freak and this film left me :holy:
Wow. I've been waiting for a while to be "hit" like that by a movie (i'm f*cking picky when it comes to my movies choices).
What a film. A freakin' masterpiece.
PT Anderson: Epic win. I love all of his films.
Daniel Day Lewis: he deserves his Best Actor Oscar x100. A grandiose performance. Probably one (or another one of his) of the best 50 ever imo.

Naren

OldschoolGhettostyle
Reaction score
I really enjoyed this film. It was really really well done and Daniel Day Lewis did an amazing job in his role. Just breath-taking. Excellent film. :yesway:

And, yeah, the milkshake part at the end had me laughing. :lol:

Bound

SIC SEMPER TYRANNIS
Contributor
Reaction score
I don't know if any of you have read the book, but this is one of the only movies that absolutely blew the book out of the water. I re-read it just to be sure.

SlowShred

Reaction score
I don't know if any of you have read the book, but this is one of the only movies that absolutely blew the book out of the water. I re-read it just to be sure.

I haven't read Oil, but kinda want to now. How close is the book to the movie, at least in terms of the story?

I loved TWBB, Daniel Day Lewis was absolutely phenomenal in it. He deserved that oscar like nobody's business. One thing I've been noticing about this movie is a lot of people I talk to didn't like it. I find it's usually b/c it went way over their heads b/c they thought it was gonna be an action packed bloody mess or some sort of quazi documentary about the early days of the oil industry.

Karl Hungus

You're no daisy.
Contributor
Reaction score
I loved TWBB, Daniel Day Lewis was absolutely phenomenal in it. He deserved that oscar like nobody's business.

I feel sorry for everyone who was nominated with him... Viggo Mortensen, Johnny Depp, Tommy Lee Jones and George Clooney, all terrific actors, and I thought Viggo's role in Eastern Promises was just pure brilliance, but stack 'em up against DDL and they're sore in the morning.

They should just invent a new Daniel Day Lewis category, so that they can award him every year, and other actors can stand a chance of winning an oscar.

COBHC

Belongs On 1 String
Reaction score
I have to agree Viggo in eastern promises was great. Minus the nude karatee kicks in the sauna lol.

Karl Hungus

You're no daisy.
Contributor
Reaction score
I have to agree Viggo in eastern promises was great. Minus the nude karatee kicks in the sauna lol.

No way, the sauna scene was killer! Or are you afraid the sight of Viggo's gear will turn you gay? :lol:

')