There's an MIA Jaguar bass now.

• Thread starter Grand Moff Tim
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Grand Moff Tim

Some call me... Tim
Reaction score
WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT

American Standard Jaguar® Bass | Jaguar® Bass Guitars | Fender® Bass Guitars

Fender-Releasing-First-American-made-Jaguar-Bass.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Murmel

Reaction score
I thought the existing ones were MIA, just low-end MIAs', kinda like the American Special series. They were considerably more expensive than other MIM models.
I like that these have Precision pickups instead of 2 jazz'. If I had enough money that I could get one without it impacting my finances I grab one in a blink.

Unfortunately that's not the case :lol:

TemjinStrife

Power Metal Cellist
Reaction score
The previous "high end" (non-Chinese) Jaguar basses were MIJ. Great basses. I wanted a CAR one with matching headstock very badly.

fender-deluxe-jaguar-bass-hot-rod-red-rosewood-389539.jpg

GuitaristOfHell

The Optimist Prime.
Reaction score
If only they had a 5 string version... Otherwise do want!

TheEmptyCell

Dingwall Player
Reaction score
I'd like to see Fender reverse the P pickup.

And frak the 4 colors that Fender makes everything in, get adventurous!, bring back Sherwood Green, Shoreline Gold, Capri Orange...

synrgy

Ya ya ya I am Lorde
Reaction score
I'd like to see Fender reverse the P pickup.

And frak the 4 colors that Fender makes everything in, get adventurous!, bring back Sherwood Green, Shoreline Gold, Capri Orange...

That's how they want people to feel. Then - in theory - they'll be more willing to shell out the extra $$ when the company releases 'limited' instruments in those colors. :lol:

rockskate4x

rockskate4x
Reaction score
i got the squier version of these (vintage modified i think) for my first bass. Definitely digging the P/J combo for versatility, the J bass neck for feel, and the Jag body for looks. It has such a wonderful combination of features for an excellent all around normal bass guitar. The only thing I don't care for in this American model are the goofy slider switches and roller pots, but that is a very minor complaint. I'd gladly own one of these :hbang:

Murmel

Reaction score
I...don't understand the appeal.

Fantastic tone in a new format is what is appealing.
I'm no Fender historian, but as far as I know there haven't been any American Fender Jags for quite some time, if ever. For MIA purists, this is very good news.

Jaguar basses usually have aa JJ configuration, too. the PJ is what makes me salivate.

Grand Moff Tim

Some call me... Tim
Reaction score
No joke. P/J combo with a Jazz neck (right?) on a different-but-still-traditional body style? Yes, please. If it had neck binding to go with it, I'd have to buy new pants.

HaMMerHeD

Reaction score
Still...There are many PJ basses out there. Most of them don't look like a sun-melted Gumby figurine.

Eh...I guess you have to be a Fender fan. I just can't dig on endless rehashes of the same tired old designs.

Latest posts

')