They DO exist! (Graphtech OFR7 Piezo content! \m/)

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score
Well I tried to tell you guys that they were available for order now, so here's my proof! I ordered and paid for these a while back and they warned me that it would be a little bit after NAMM before they'd get caught up (getting ready for NAMM for just about any company can be a crazy, crazy time so I totally understood what I was looking at when I ordered :)) and I got a call about a week or so ago and they told me they were getting to work on them. They said I'd have them within 1-2 weeks of the start date and they delivered after a week. :woohoo: These guys are great, Graphtech will certainly get my business in the future if I decide to throw piezo saddles onto my Carvin eventually. :agreed: So, here are some pics:

OFR7_Piezo_1.jpg

OFR7_Piezo_2.jpg

OFR7_Piezo_3.jpg

OFR7_Piezo_4.jpg

OFR7_Piezo_5.jpg

OFR7_Piezo_6.jpg

These will eventually be going onto my Sherman (hopefully sooner than later, the delay is pretty much on my side... damn school! :realmad:) and I can't wait to hear how they sound! They're going to look awesome on the gold OFR-7 I have waiting for that guitar too! :wub: Enjoy, and I highly recommend Graphtech if you guys want to look into a double-locking trem system with piezo and can't find a 2027x/2127x to part out. :D Just for reference the 7-string OFR saddles are $233.27 and the ghost preamp is $99.94 for those were who curious what the prices on these were. :wavey: Glad I paid for them a while ago! :lol:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

djpharoah

Awwww Yeaaaah
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Awesome - these work only on OFRs? or LFRs are game too? Also any shots of the bottom of the saddles? i cant seem to see the piezo element in the saddle.

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score
Awesome - these work only on OFRs? or LFRs are game too? Also any shots of the bottom of the saddles? i cant seem to see the piezo element in the saddle.

Nah just Original Floyd Rose trems I believe. The saddles on OFR's are different than their licensed counterparts, unless I'm mistaken. :agreed: Here's a shot of the bottom:

OFR7_Piezo_7.jpg

The piezo on graphtech products is built into the saddles itself, so you don't see it. The element is inside the part of the saddle that the string rests on and it picks up the vibrations that way. :yesway:

Stitch

Banned
Reaction score
The piezo on graphtech products is built into the saddles itself, so you don't see it. The element is inside the part of the saddle that the string rests on and it picks up the vibrations that way. :yesway:

Ah, I missed that. So it works the same way as the EBMM Petrucci system. :yesway:

I'm not so hot on it tbh then.

I am NOT being elitist here, but I honestly feel that the Ibanez/ L.R. Baggs system is better in this regard. :shrug:

I'd still love to own them :D

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score
:lol: @ Stitchy.

Those are hot. So hot. Thanks, Matt. :yesway:

No problem Boober! :wub: I know you were as excited about these as I was! :D Again, the element is loaded INSIDE the part of the saddle that holds the string. :) I'll take a shot of the whole shebang in a few minutes when I take a break. :yesway:

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score
Ah, I missed that. So it works the same way as the EBMM Petrucci system. :yesway:

I'm not so hot on it tbh then.

I am NOT being elitist here, but I honestly feel that the Ibanez/ L.R. Baggs system is better in this regard. :shrug:

I'd still love to own them :D

I have a set of the LR Baggs piezo saddles and their Ctrl-X preamp in my Thorn Artisan and I really like their system too. I haven't tried the Ghost piezo system before so I'm approaching it with an open mind. :agreed: Shit, at least they're not gay like Ibanez and not selling the parts aftermarket! :fawk: ;) The EBMM system is pretty sweet so I don't see why you wouldn't like this if it's similar to that piezo setup... :scratch: Either way, I'm excited to try it out! :D Now if I just had more of that thing... what was it? Used to have it all the time back in the day... oh, that's right... money. :rofl:

Stitch

Banned
Reaction score
I have a set of the LR Baggs piezo saddles and their Ctrl-X preamp in my Thorn Artisan and I really like their system too. I haven't tried the Ghost piezo system before so I'm approaching it with an open mind. :agreed: Shit, at least they're not gay like Ibanez and not selling the parts aftermarket! :fawk: ;) The EBMM system is pretty sweet so I don't see why you wouldn't like this if it's similar to that piezo setup... :scratch: Either way, I'm excited to try it out! :D Now if I just had more of that thing... what was it? Used to have it all the time back in the day... oh, that's right... money. :rofl:

Jibes about Ibanez, woohoo...

:wallbash:

It seems like a better system because it utilises a point where there is more string movement for the elements. EBMM ran through some problems with their piezo system (and indeed, still do) when the string doesn't make a good enough contact with the element, and heavier strings seem to exacerbate this. :shrug:

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score
I'll take a picture and you'll see what I mean stitch... the string lays flat across the saddle... not sure how you can make better contact than that! :D

')