Thickest gauge you can fit in a rg2228 for low F# !?

• Thread starter loktide
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

loktide

dotlike
Contributor
Reaction score
i'm GASing badly for one.

i use a .56 for B on my 7680 (also 27"), so i guess a .66 or .68 would be the what i'm looking for...

so what are the rg2228 owners in this forum using on theirs? will it fit the aforementioned gauges?

thx!

Seedawakener

ouh...
Reaction score
I use a .68 for my Low A/B on my guitars, so it should definatly be able to hold that! And if not, just unwound a small part of the strings end, and you'll get it through the tuner without difficulties!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

loktide

dotlike
Contributor
Reaction score
thx a lot!

...and i was worried about not beeing able to fit/intonate heavier gauges than .60 :lol:

Scarpie

Reaction score
man i am so not a thick string guy, i am reading some of these guages and feeling nauseau. i mean i have heard guys do awesome things with thick guages but for my taste and style, me likey thinnies. so long scale optimal for me

j3ps3

Reaction score
I have 80 on F and it's WAY too floppy. I think I will try 90 next

Variant

Banned
Reaction score
i actually meant a possible restriction by the string saddle on the bridge

.070, maybe... I have to unwind my D'Addario NW080 a bit at the top to get something to thread through the peghead. It'd be pretty fat going into the lockblocks at the bridge end if the NW080 didn't have a nice taper at the end which I trim off to get just enough into the lock.

TheIllustratedLuthier

Luthier than thou
Reaction score
Make sure when you throw in a bigger string, you (or your tech) opens the bridge saddle with the appropriate nut file so it fits. Standard guitar saddles don't comfortably and properly fit a .080 string, it's just as important as opening up the nut slot!