Thinking about a new amp

• Thread starter GuitaristOfHell
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

GuitaristOfHell

The Optimist Prime.
Reaction score
engl fireball :yesway:

One of the amps I hate the most actually. I played one at my friends place cause he was all " Duuude check this out I just got in this head for 1k!" I checked it out and I was not found of it. I don't mind a compressed sound, but holy Christ hell it was too compressed for me. Savage 120 though is beast. I'd know my friend Will had one.

Dvaienat

Reaction score
Marshall DSL? Great metal amps provided they're boosted, and will blend excellently with the Triple Recto.

Lukifer

Need more gain
Reaction score
How about the Peavey XXX??? Lots of gain like the 5150 and pretty tight, if not get a Tube Screamer! But its 3 channel and has decent cleans.

Personally I own a 6505+ and a Pod XT live so Im doing what Stealth recommended and I like it alot!!

xPIZZLEx

Bringin' the heavy.
Reaction score
Peavey XXX on Ultra = unusable. You can get more usable gain out of a JSX, plus the fat switches really help out and the cleans are better on a JSX IMO.

Having said that, I'd still rather get another 5150 combo and front-end-pedalboard the clean channel til it sounded good. God I miss that resonance knob. Made me have to take a shit every time I hit the E string. Glorious.

Latest posts

')