Thinking about orderin Agile,but..

• Thread starter Makkiss
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

TheSixthWheel

bangetzit
Reaction score
I've seen both those threads and neither of them have a top that you can see through. Go ahead and call me retarded, I could have sworn I was being informative and objective, not "omg OMG ZOMG". Wood isn't transparent. Wood shavings from a planing job aren't even thin enough to see through like that.

Kurt got back to me with his apologies, and a partial refund of US$75. I've learnt my lesson, and will not be ordering an Agile again. It seems like the quality of Agile guitars distributed internationally is below that which gets distributed in the US, at least in terms of blems.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Universe74

Reaction score
Veneers can go to 0.2mm and with the dye can probably be seen through.

AgileLefty

hates brand snobs
Reaction score
nicks pics arent of decent quality to be able to see anything, :scratch:

I am the Nick mentioned above. I personally sanded my Agile Septor down. i I'm telling you that it is an actual wood veneer. a very thin one, but still a real wood veneer and not a printed photo. i don't work for Agile, don't get paid by them, don't care wether or not people buy them, but it just errks me when people state things about them that are simply not true.

believe me, i would be the FIRST one to raise a stink about it if these guitars were being falsely advertised and actually had photo tops.

There's shitloads of models available from other brands which feature flamed and quilted tops which are cheaper than the Septor. Think LTD EC100QM, that lists at $399, but can be found on sale for only US$279.00

that LTD is cheaper than the Septor for several reasons, and isn't even in the same ballpark spec wise as the Septor/Interceptor series....

LTD =

* bolt on construction
* basswood body
* rosewood fingerboard
* LTD tuners
* LTD pickups

Septor/Interceptor

*maple/walnut neck-thru construction
*mahogany body
*ebony fingerboard
*Grover tuners
*EMG pickups

Customisbetter

WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot
Contributor
Reaction score
I've seen both those threads and neither of them have a top that you can see through. Go ahead and call me retarded, I could have sworn I was being informative and objective, not "omg OMG ZOMG". Wood isn't transparent. Wood shavings from a planing job aren't even thin enough to see through like that.

Kurt got back to me with his apologies, and a partial refund of US$75. I've learnt my lesson, and will not be ordering an Agile again. It seems like the quality of Agile guitars distributed internationally is below that which gets distributed in the US, at least in terms of blems.

My apologies for the over reaction then.

ShreddyESP

Limit Zero
Reaction score
I think my final verdict is:

1.Agiles are great guitars for the price they go for in the US. When you buy internationally, you're looking to spend at least 1k$ after customs and shipping. And there's a TON of guitars better than Agiles at that price.

2.Agiles do ship with a lot of damages/glitches, but this has been happening since the time I was looking to buy an Agile (over a year ago) so if it was going to change, it should have by now.

3.As someone else mentioned, the customer service is amazing ONLY in the US.

I'd say : International Customers-> buy at your own risk. But hey, doesn't the Rondo site say the same thing? So there's no point cribbing about that fact.

But that shoudn't mean Rondo sends us International Customers guitars with glitches since we're buying at our own risk anyway. Because clearly, the damages on my guitar had occured before it was placed inside the hard case (which i think is BLOODY TOUGH. It might even be stronger than my ESP one!)

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score

1.Agiles are great guitars for the price they go for in the US. When you buy internationally, you're looking to spend at least 1k$ after customs and shipping. And there's a TON of guitars better than Agiles at that price.

2.Agiles do ship with a lot of damages/glitches, but this has been happening since the time I was looking to buy an Agile (over a year ago) so if it was going to change, it should have by now.

I'd say : International Customers-> buy at your own risk. But hey, doesn't the Rondo site say the same thing? So there's no point cribbing about that fact.

But that shoudn't mean Rondo sends us International Customers guitars with glitches since we're buying at our own risk anyway. Because clearly, the damages on my guitar had occured before it was placed inside the hard case (which i think is BLOODY TOUGH. It might even be stronger than my ESP one!)

:agreed:

Though, as far as Rondo sending faulty guitars overseas, it's not on purpose. It's luck of the draw, and I guess they just can't be bothered to do intensive checks on any guitars, regardless of their destination. It sucks, but that's what you're paying for, or I guess not paying for in this case.

You guys outside the US should REALLY look into the foreign equivalents of Rondo (up and coming companies selling Korean/Chinese/Indonesian guitars without dealer mark-up), such as Emperion. I know they haven't come as far as Rondo yet, but they have the potential to provide you folks with what you want for the prices you want to pay.

ToniS

Chool Whhhip
Reaction score
When I ordered my Agile, it came in perfect condition.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
When I ordered my Agile, it came in perfect condition.

The fact is, the great majority of them do, arriving flawless. I think everyone here realizes that, it's just when something is wrong it's usually a fairly big deal, especially overseas where you're pretty much fucked.

zindrome

part time ninja
Reaction score

Couldn't have said it better.
I just got my semi custom septor in few days back.
Came with the wrong wood, and a bunch of blemishes on the neck.
Waiting to hear back on discount/return.

If I was outside of north America, I wouldn't risk it. It's too much of a gamble. Inside NA, it's still a good deal i think

TheSixthWheel

bangetzit
Reaction score
that LTD is cheaper than the Septor for several reasons, and isn't even in the same ballpark spec wise as the Septor/Interceptor series....

LTD =

* bolt on construction
* basswood body
* rosewood fingerboard
* LTD tuners
* LTD pickups

Septor/Interceptor

*maple/walnut neck-thru construction
*mahogany body
*ebony fingerboard
*Grover tuners
*EMG pickups

:lol: well that's clearly obvious, but thanks for telling me what hardware comes in Agile and LTD guitars. I was actually referring to the LTD EC100QM because Mesh stated as fact that you do not get quilted or flamed maple on a guitar in the price range of Agile guitars.

My apologies for the over reaction then.

no probs dude :yesway:

Default_M

Reaction score
Yeah, if you're in the US then go crazy and buy as many as you want because with the great customer service there's not really any risk, but imagine if you ordered from outside the US and you were unlucky enough to get all these problems? You might get refunded a bit of money but it's probably not going to stop you from disliking the guitar and feeling you wasted your money or something.
Of course it could turn up and be brilliant but it's a risk.

')