Thinking about orderin Agile,but..

• Thread starter Makkiss
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Makkiss

Reaction score
There are two problems with it.

First one:
Now the guitar i have been looking for (Purple Septor 727 with ebony fretboard and 25,5 scale) is disappeared from the page,so is there somebody i can ask will it come back?

And the second one:
The guitar would cost me about 700 euros with shipping,taxes etc.
And there is no warranty. So i am a bit scared to order ''expensive'' guitar,and if it comes with cracked neck,micks are broken or something like that. So does somebody has experience of ordering Agiles outside states?

Thanks!

And oh,sorry for my bad english!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The one to talk to would be Kurt, the owner and proprietor of Rondo.

As for shipping overseas, there have been a few cases of damaged guitars, but nothing too serious. At least that I've heard.

BTW, your English is wonderful. :yesway:

Fred the Shred

Shrederick
Reaction score
I've known quite a few people who ordered guitars from Agile in Europe, and none of them had issues. The risks of something going wrong are no greater than those of shipping an instrument from anywhere, really. What you do need to get is a case for the instrument, and that's about it. I have Septor 827 myself, and it arrived in stellar condition. :)

BLACKFOX86

Reaction score
Cool. I'm thinking about doing it my self. I also want a purple one but the interceptor 727 instead of your septor 725.
When I get rich I'll defenetly buy like 5 agiles or something. I also want a Loomis FR.

I've been thinking of a Tribal Turquoise Interceptor with Ebony :D I've never seen one so having one would be cooler than having one of the standard colors. It's more unique. Uniqueness is nice.

ShreddyESP

Limit Zero
Reaction score
Hi, i ordered an Agile a year ago. I had it shipped to India and the guitar came with a damage. Sadly for us international customers, there is no warranty. Kurt refunded 50$ but that's besides the point. I would say think twice before ordering an Agile overseas. Best would be to get someone in the US inspect the guitar and then forward it to you abroad.

apexiwildchild

sevenstringer
Reaction score
Hi, i ordered an Agile a year ago. I had it shipped to India and the guitar came with a damage. Sadly for us international customers, there is no warranty. Kurt refunded 50$ but that's besides the point. I would say think twice before ordering an Agile overseas. Best would be to get someone in the US inspect the guitar and then forward it to you abroad.

did u ordered it with a hard case??

Makkiss

Reaction score

Can you tell me how was your guitar damaged?

ShreddyESP

Limit Zero
Reaction score
did u ordered it with a hard case??

Yeah.

Can you tell me how was your guitar damaged?

This thread isn't about my guitar, but since you asked.. There was some sort of damage to the neck and headstock joint, resulting in some paint loss. That said, the guitar is perfect, plays fantastic. But i spent over a grand on this after shipping and customs so i was a little let down.

TheSixthWheel

bangetzit
Reaction score
I have had similar issues with my recently acquired Agile Septor Pro 7. Frets 23 and 24 were unfinished/uncrowned and the 23rd fret had some reasonably deep gouges in it. Also, I'm 90% sure that the 'quilted maple' top is printed, NONE of the supposed maple moves in the light. I can also see the neck-thru lines beneath the arched top, which isn't a characteristic of quilted maple. It's like they gave it a carved top, then slapped on a synthetic veneer with a printed top on it.

007-1.jpg

012.jpg

013.jpg

014.jpg

023.jpg

029.jpg

030.jpg

004.jpg

I've contacted kurt about the fretwork and he also offered me $50 discount, but I've just emailed him detailing the fake top, so we'll see what happens.

Steve-Om

Reaction score
That sucks...:noway:

Now I'm really considering NOT getting an Agile...:ugh:

Now, I've seen this kind of issues with Septors, Interceptors and Intrepids, what about the Al series or the Hawkers ?? do they have the same kind of issues ???? :scratch:

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Nick: the Agile tops aren't printed, they're just a low quality thin veneer.

With that said I've owned a bunch of Agiles and have only sent one back, but have gotten money off a couple due to cosmetic flaws. I would probably not order one if I was outside the US.

Inside the US they have a no questions asked return / exchange policy (WHICH IS ON THEIR WEBSITE :lol:) so I'd have no problems buying another one, and may actually do so to get a cheap 8 string to play with :agreed:

Customisbetter

WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot
Contributor
Reaction score
I have asked Kurt and he said there was only one model to ever have a print top and it cost 120 dollars, and is no longer available.

I agree with Steve about outside the US thing. Unless you REALLY want that look, you'd prolly be better off getting a custom from someone local.

djpharoah

Awwww Yeaaaah
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'm 90% sure that the 'quilted maple' top is printed, NONE of the supposed maple moves in the light. I can also see the neck-thru lines beneath the arched top, which isn't a characteristic of quilted maple. It's like they gave it a carved top, then slapped on a synthetic veneer with a printed top on it.

I've contacted kurt about the fretwork and he also offered me $50 discount, but I've just emailed him detailing the fake top, so we'll see what happens.

:lol:

You can't expect a real quilted maple top on a guitar that cheap my friend. It's common knowledge that the tops are paper thin printed veneers that are put on just for cosmetic purposes. What you described in your post is exactly what they do.

TheSixthWheel

bangetzit
Reaction score
Nick: the Agile tops aren't printed, they're just a low quality thin veneer.

With that said I've owned a bunch of Agiles and have only sent one back, but have gotten money off a couple due to cosmetic flaws. I would probably not order one if I was outside the US.

Inside the US they have a no questions asked return / exchange policy (WHICH IS ON THEIR WEBSITE :lol:) so I'd have no problems buying another one, and may actually do so to get a cheap 8 string to play with :agreed:

:lol:

You can't expect a real quilted maple top on a guitar that cheap my friend. It's common knowledge that the tops are paper thin printed veneers that are put on just for cosmetic purposes. What you described in your post is exactly what they do.

So are they or aren't they quilted maple laminates/veneers/phone book pages? That's weird anyway, usually when I see or hear the word flame or quilt I associate it with quilted or flamed maple, not a printed synthetic top. Even after all the Agile NGD threads on here in the past, never have I heard anyone mention anything about a printed top.

I'm aware of how often printed tops are used on cheap guitars. It was never disclosed to me that this thing would come with a crappy printed top, I was expecting a very thin bookmatched quilted maple laminate, with purple dye over the quilted maple. How have Agile been getting dye on the maple fretboards of the models which supposedly have printed tops if the tops are indeed printed? Printed and then dyed?
Common knowledge? Funny how common that knowledge is. I'm sure piles of people would be expecting what I was regarding the thin maple laminate. The name of the guitar contains the word quilt....talk about misleading.

All in all the model I received sounds awesome (post BKP install) and plays decently. The flaws in my mind would have stopped it passing QC in MOST other korean plants. I'm happy with the guitar overall and all I'm doing here is helping awareness, the people who believe that they're going to get something better (in some cases both cosmetically and structurally) than what they're expecting. In hindsight I'd probably have dropped that money on a used RG1527, RG7620 or similar, maybe even put it towards an RG2228.

Mesh, that came across as slightly patronising. I'm nearly 30, not some 14 yr old bespectacled kid playing WoW. There's shitloads of models available from other brands which feature flamed and quilted tops which are cheaper than the Septor. Think LTD EC100QM, that lists at $399, but can be found on sale for only US$279.00

Steve-Om

Reaction score
:( low quality?

after seeing all these damages and everything I might get a loomis instead..

you are probably right...:ugh:

but I'm afraid the neck on the Loomis might be too thick for me...small hands...I'm used to the Jackson neck thickness, and I've heard Schecters in general have too thick necks...
:scratch:

maximummetal288

Reaction score
Personally after seeing a few of the more recent "New Guitar Day" Agile threads I'm a little weary on ordering one even in the US. The Mahogany-but-delivered-as-Ash thing and now a bunch of people saying they have issues with the fretboards too.

I've wanted that same Purple one but I don't know. I'd rather get another LTD like the MH-417 where I've already got a good expectation of what the quality will be like.

I'd recommend buying a used one or finding a friend here in America to work something out so they can make sure its in good shape from the start and send if off to you... but that can be iffy. Or come here on vacation and get it then, haha

AgileLefty

hates brand snobs
Reaction score
It was never disclosed to me that this thing would come with a crappy printed top, I was expecting a very thin bookmatched quilted maple laminate, with purple dye over the quilted maple. I'm sure piles of people would be expecting what I was regarding the thin maple laminate. The name of the guitar contains the word quilt....talk about misleading.

it is NOT a "crappy printed top" and what you were expecting is EXACTLY what you got, "a very thin bookmatched quilted maple laminate with purple dye".

i've even completely sanded down one of these models and confimed it. you can find my refinish thread on here if you search for it.

Customisbetter

WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot
Contributor
Reaction score
So are they or aren't they quilted maple laminates/veneers/phone book pages? That's weird anyway, usually when I see or hear the word flame or quilt I associate it with quilted or flamed maple, not a printed synthetic top. Even after all the Agile NGD threads on here in the past, never have I heard anyone mention anything about a printed top.

I'm aware of how often printed tops are used on cheap guitars. It was never disclosed to me that this thing would come with a crappy printed top, I was expecting a very thin bookmatched quilted maple laminate, with purple dye over the quilted maple. How have Agile been getting dye on the maple fretboards of the models which supposedly have printed tops if the tops are indeed printed? Printed and then dyed?
Common knowledge? Funny how common that knowledge is. I'm sure piles of people would be expecting what I was regarding the thin maple laminate. The name of the guitar contains the word quilt....talk about misleading.

All in all the model I received sounds awesome (post BKP install) and plays decently. The flaws in my mind would have stopped it passing QC in MOST other korean plants. I'm happy with the guitar overall and all I'm doing here is helping awareness, the people who believe that they're going to get something better (in some cases both cosmetically and structurally) than what they're expecting. In hindsight I'd probably have dropped that money on a used RG1527, RG7620 or similar, maybe even put it towards an RG2228.

Mesh, that came across as slightly patronising. I'm nearly 30, not some 14 yr old bespectacled kid playing WoW. There's shitloads of models available from other brands which feature flamed and quilted tops which are cheaper than the Septor. Think LTD EC100QM, that lists at $399, but can be found on sale for only US$279.00

dude you are sounding retreaded. :lol:

that Veneer is REAL WOOD that has a REAL QUILT that was dyed with REAL PURPLE DYE.

every other guitar in hte price range has the exact same thing. :lol:

EDIt

:ninja: 'd

BLACKFOX86

Reaction score
you are probably right...:ugh:

but I'm afraid the neck on the Loomis might be too thick for me...small hands...I'm used to the Jackson neck thickness, and I've heard Schecters in general have too thick necks...
:scratch:

same here, my hands are smaller.. or medium or something~.
But I've heard that people like the necks even if they're quite thick. It's not just the thicknes but also the shape if the neck that makes a huge difference. I've only heard good things about the loomis neck.
I play a super-thin RG and I know it's a big jump to the loomis but I personally think the RG is a bit too thin for me. I like to have something more to grab when I play so the loomis could be just right for me.. I'm ready to find out. It's the only 7-string that I like anyway except the agiles but the Agile option is totally gone for me now so I'll sell my RG and get a loomis no matter what.
I've heard that ppl with really small hands can play an 8-string schecter without problem so maybe it's not as scary as people say.

If you don't like schecter necks maybe you could get that new Jackson 7-string model SLAT3-7. I think It looks pretty cool! but it has 25.5" and I'm not a very big fan of standard scale length. :rolleyes: but.. rather having a 25.5" jackson than a broken Interceptor 727 with fake top and crappy frets.

Latest posts

')