Thinking about selling my HR...0_o

• Thread starter Atomic_gerbil
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Atomic_gerbil

Reaction score
Well, my HR sounds great, but my last guitar was a 6 string RG. I detuned that thing so much, and the HR was a great thing for me being a Nevermore fan. But, after having owned it for almost a month now, I realize that the buzz isnt going away (I'm used to my RG's setup, no buzz) the neck is an awesome neck, but I feel much more at home with the wizard II. And the main thing that bugs me, is that every time I see and Ibanez 7 playing, it looks almost effortless, like my old RG. I couldn't do that on my HR. It's probably my lack of strength for the extended scale, but nonetheless, I'm not as happy as I should be.

I would probably be looking at an RG7321 if i did get another 7.

So, what is your opinion? Is this a big mistake?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

angryman

Djentleman
Reaction score
Mynydd y Garreg, Carmarthenshire, South Wales.
Hey buddy, I wouldn't say it's a big mistake. alot of the guys on here prefer Ibanez 7's to Schecter & vice versa.
I for one can't get along with Schecter guitars, I just love the way they look but hate the way they feel & I prefer Ibanez RG7's.
I own a 7321 & think it's a pretty nice guitar to play IMO but if you could save a little more you could get a 1527 which is better all round or even an S7320.

Atomic_gerbil

Reaction score
Hey buddy, I wouldn't say it's a big mistake. alot of the guys on here prefer Ibanez 7's to Schecter & vice versa.
I for one can't get along with Schecter guitars, I just love the way they look but hate the way they feel & I prefer Ibanez RG7's.
I own a 7321 & think it's a pretty nice guitar to play IMO but if you could save a little more you could get a 1527 which is better all round or even an S7320.

hmm. Maybe so, thanks for the input man. I'm comparing my RG6 with my HR and making sure I'm doing the right thing. :metal:

IbanezOnly

Reaction score

i agree i cant get into schecter even though they look great, i know how you feel, i went from an ibby to a jackson as my main live gigging guitar and missed the wizards too much. make the right choice, and like angry said save up a little extra for the rg1527 its a fucking beast of a guitar:yesway:

Shawn

ESP • Ibanez
Forum MVP
Reaction score
I played Drew's HR last year and the only thing I disliked about it was the knob configuration. Im accustomed to 2 knobs and a 5-way switch. :shrug:

As far as Ibanez goes, I like their necks better. The HR's neck isn't all that bad, I actually liked it but im more used to the Ibanez 7. :agreed:

Atomic_gerbil

Reaction score
Shawn, do you think it would be a bad idea to get the 7321? I really think it would be nice to get back about 200$ to use for myself, by getting that and still having a decent 7, but i don't want to regret that decision..

Shawn

ESP • Ibanez
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Not at all. I think you'll be happy with it. Every 7321 i've played, i've liked. I really like the 5-piece bound neck on those too. The pickups might not be your thing however. :shrug: They make great guitars to mod. :yesway:

Eric

Reaction score
Shawn, do you think it would be a bad idea to get the 7321? I really think it would be nice to get back about 200$ to use for myself, by getting that and still having a decent 7, but i don't want to regret that decision..

:lol:

Isn't spending $200 on a guitar "using it for yourself"?

I have lots and lots of Ibanez 7s. IMO they smoke. :agreed:

Atomic_gerbil

Reaction score
:lol:

Isn't spending $200 on a guitar "using it for yourself"?

I have lots and lots of Ibanez 7s. IMO they smoke. :agreed:

Whoa, you have a point there. :lol:

I just don't know..I'm looking into the S7320. The only thing that bugs me about it is the lack of frettage. :yesway:

kmanick

Contributor
Reaction score
never feel bad about selling a guitar that just doesn't do "it" for you.
I used to have a Hellraiser 7. I thought it was very cool, but I had to have a full set up done on it (fret dress etc) to get it to stop buzzing (and I don't play with super low action either). Once it was set up I loved it, but I was jonesing for a floyd, so I ordered my Carvin and sold the Schecter. Now I'm happy.
if Ibanez necks are your thing then get an Ibanez.
there are a couple of nice ones on EBay right now.
Lifes too short to dwell on shit like this.

Atomic_gerbil

Reaction score
never feel bad about selling a guitar that just doesn't do "it" for you.
I used to have a Hellraiser 7. I thought it was very cool, but I had to have a full set up done on it (fret dress etc) to get it to stop buzzing (and I don't play with super low action either). Once it was set up I loved it, but I was jonesing for a floyd, so I ordered my Carvin and sold the Schecter. Now I'm happy.
if Ibanez necks are your thing then get an Ibanez.
there are a couple of nice ones on EBay right now.
Lifes too short to dwell on shit like this.

Wow, your post got me to think (which doesn't happen often) :lol:

Thanks alot for the opinion man.

Slayer89

The Demon Barber
Reaction score
I think you should wait a week or two, decide you want to sell it, and then PM me. ;)

Haha, just kidding man. If you don't dig it, ditch it. That's always been my policy with guitars.

Latest posts

')