Thinking of getting an LGM 8 string

• Thread starter Adam
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
I actually don't like the busrt on that blue one... the quilt is nice, though.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Adam

Contributor
Reaction score
nyck said:
:lol: I'm with you man. I'm going natural. Hopefully gold hardware will spruce the look up.

The gold hardware looks nice on this one

Attachments

• headstockd.jpg
    headstockd.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 19
  • P2270018.jpg
    P2270018.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 27

Scott

Aye.
Contributor
Reaction score
Yngwie said:
Maybe, I'm willing to wait, especially with the fact it's gonna cost me like $2800 canadian:noway:

Did you get a quote yet? Because I can't see where the hell you are getting 2800 CAD from...

bostjan

MicroMetal
Contributor
Reaction score
Yngwie said:
Problem is, I don't know any, and I could imagine the cost would come up to the same or more, I do like the body shape a bit though.

DPM here on the site makes some beautiful eight strings. (Member TMM has one of them). He uses special passive pickups, too. Very high quality ones, I believe. You should send him a PM. I'm not sure what kind of money it would be for what you want, but I'm sure there are plenty of options and things, so the range of costs could overlap with the range of your budget. If you have ten minutes, give it a shot. Couldn't hurt.

nyck

blah!
Reaction score
bostjan said:
DPM here on the site makes some beautiful eight strings. (Member TMM has one of them). He uses special passive pickups, too. Very high quality ones, I believe. You should send him a PM. I'm not sure what kind of money it would be for what you want, but I'm sure there are plenty of options and things, so the range of costs could overlap with the range of your budget. If you have ten minutes, give it a shot. Couldn't hurt.
I would LOVE an Oni 8 string. I would choose one of those over a LGM 8...

Mark. A

gang* 4 lyfe
Contributor
Reaction score
Yngwie said:
I'm thinking of getting a Leviiiathan 8 string for shredding when LGM is open for business again, these are the specs I chose:

Alder body
Maple neck (duh)
29 frets
Ebony fretboard
Locking tuners
Colour: Maranello red
EMG 45DC bridge pickup only (too cheap too shell out $200 for a SD in the bridge)
Seymour Duncan Screamin’ Demon 8 neck pickup
Hipshot 8-string fixed bridge with strings mounted through the body
Side dots only (no face dots)
Black hardware

Does this sound like a good guitar? I'm trying to keep it under $3000, any opinions would be greatly appreciated.:yesway:

You clock 7 strings already? :nuts:

It looks good

ricez

Contributor
Reaction score
Check out stambaughdesigns.com. He built my eight with fanned frets, sperzel locking tuners, nice woods, and Lundgren pickups for about $2200. He'll build anything you want- last I was in his shop he had some 9 string basses in the works. I have had my 8 for a few months now and love it. He is easy to work with too- he totally knows his stuff. He is located in New Hamshire, US.

Adam

Contributor
Reaction score
Scott said:
Did you get a quote yet? Because I can't see where the hell you are getting 2800 CAD from...

It was a wehile ago when I last read the quote, so I couldnt remember it well but now I looked at it again and it's actually $2621.71 Canadian. Sorry for the confusion.

nyck said:
I would LOVE an Oni 8 string. I would choose one of those over a LGM 8...

Are Onis more expensive then LGM's ?

Scott

Aye.
Contributor
Reaction score
still seems a bit high. I'll need to look at your options and the price list again though.

Adam

Contributor
Reaction score
Scott said:
still seems a bit high. I'll need to look at your options and the price list again though.

I added the screamin demon neck pickup, the 29 fret option and locking tuners, maybe the currency exchange rate was low at the time of my estimate.

bostjan said:

Sounds intriguing:agreed:

')