Thinking of RG1527...

• Thread starter angusyoungwanabe
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Good idea....bad idea

• Good Idea

Votes: 20 87.0%
  • Bad Idea

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • who cares....you stink anyway

Votes: 1 4.3%

• Total voters

angusyoungwanabe

ss.org's Diabetic
Reaction score
im thinking about trading in my Jap Strat and my Prestige S and getting a deal on an RG1527. i just love my RG7321, and would love to use that for downtuning (prolly just down a step) and an RG1527 for standard. or should i look for an RG on flea-bay? cuz the only ones i'd be able to afford are Lo-TRS equipped RGs. so what do you think of my idea?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Metal Ken

Hates the Air
Contributor
Reaction score
I'd imagine you could find a good deal on ebay for one, better yet, a 7620.

SnowfaLL

Reaction score
Yea I would suggest selling your jap strat, and look for a 7620 on ebay or around here..

angusyoungwanabe

ss.org's Diabetic
Reaction score
i should have added that i have about 300-400 dollars coming in for a research study i did for diabeties. so adding that and the one or two guitar sales would be my budget-ish. i saw an LTD M-207 on samash.com. good? im looking for a 7 string with a locking trem. i'd love an S7, and who wouldn't, but i hardly see 'em and when i do, (usually on ebay) i have no money. so yea thanks for the help so far. also, i looked in the buy/sale/trade section, and nothing seems to be for sale, at least from what i saw.:spock:

nyck

blah!
Reaction score
angusyoungwanabe said:
i should have added that i have about 300-400 dollars coming in for a research study i did for diabeties. so adding that and the one or two guitar sales would be my budget-ish. i saw an LTD M-207 on samash.com. good? im looking for a 7 string with a locking trem. i'd love an S7, and who wouldn't, but i hardly see 'em and when i do, (usually on ebay) i have no money. so yea thanks for the help so far. also, i looked in the buy/sale/trade section, and nothing seems to be for sale, at least from what i saw.:spock:
Did you see my M307? It's an excellent guitar and the trem stays in tune great believe it or not.

angusyoungwanabe

ss.org's Diabetic
Reaction score
nyck is the only difference that the 307 has the EMG-HZs and the 207 has regular hummers? i'd like to stay cheap yet quality, but if i have to i'll go for the RG and lose the strat and/or the S. ive also got some guys at GC who could get me the RG7 for less the 750 (maybe or at least no more than). i just want to get all my options. i also found this company http://www.dotonshaft.com/product-details.cfm?id=1379 , that would be a killer guitar, but again the trem is my main issue (if you dont see the guitar look for the SEPT-7 model). again i love this site and am loving my seven string. im gunna go out and play some NOCTURNAL RITES!!!:hbang: :metal: :shred: :bowdown: :rocker: :fever: :nutkick: :flex:

in case you couldn't tell, i love these smilies right now.

angusyoungwanabe

ss.org's Diabetic
Reaction score
techno, the guys i know at GC are very good at giving me good prices for gear, so im not too worried about price. i just hope i can get a blue one.

tehk

Yes..
Reaction score
Also, the LTD M207/307's have mahogany bodies. Depending on your preferences, that little tidbit might help with your decision :).

Reaction score
i would go with the 1527. i have one w/an evo 7 in the bridge and an air norton in the neck. the thing absolutely screams, there is so much resonance in that guitar it's rediculous.

Your Majesty

Ibanez Goddess
Reaction score
I own a RG 1527 and I have no regrets. if you plan on ordering your guitar directly from Ibanez be sure not to order Cobalt Blue, as it is not a blue, as they say. Otherwise, kickass 7!

E Lucevan Le Stelle

in love with Judas
Reaction score
Get one, they're great guitars...YM convinced me to get mine, and now I get to convince other people! \m/

OzzyC

:ubersquint:
Reaction score
Your Majesty said:
I own a RG 1527 and I have no regrets. if you plan on ordering your guitar directly from Ibanez be sure not to order Cobalt Blue, as it is not a blue, as they say. Otherwise, kickass 7!

you can order direct?

id like to get the 'cobalt blue' one if i could
but thats always the case isnt it lol

Metal Ken

Hates the Air
Contributor
Reaction score
they dont make cobalt blue (purple) anymore. They make royal blue and black now.

7slinger

wake up dead
Contributor
Reaction score
technomancer said:
Also if I recall the 207 is a bolt on while the 307 is a neck through.

hence, the 207 will have an unpainted neck, vs. the painted neck on the 307

kmanick

Contributor
Reaction score
M-207 is basswood and comes with duncan Designed pick ups.
(I have one)
the M-307 is quite a step up, Mahagony body neck thru binding on the neck.
I've been real tempted to grab Nycks but I really want a maple board 7 string.

')