Thinking of upgrading

• Thread starter Big Rich
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Big Rich

Reaction score
recently i picked up an ltd f207 to see if i liked playing on 7's. i ended up liking it so much that i really want another one. i really like this model and was considering getting another one in a different finish. but thought if i was going to get another 7, why not get something of higer quality.
heres what i have now

P1010849.jpg

what are some mid priced 7's that i could consider. im looking to spend between 500-900. and im looking to buy used, so go by used prices

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

skeels

..to pay the beels
Reaction score
Help us help you by telling us what you liked about the f model and what you think might be better. That will give people more to go on as far as recommendations.
Love that shape, btw- so cool..

Big Rich

Reaction score
i really just like having the extra B string in general. ive been looking at ibanez models but im not too sure of which ones are the most prefered. the ltd is really nice quality wise but i really want something a little more fancy

one personal preferance i have is the pickups, i play emgs and it would be a plus to have a guitar that already came stock with them but its really not a big deal. i can always just put them in afterwards

just looking at ibanez models right now, i really like the universe model and the K7 is also a possibility

L1ght

Truth Over Triumph
Reaction score
Yeah, we all like Universes, but those are not 500-900$ guitars. Try 1500+, even used. Not sure what the prices are on the K7 but they sure are nice. If you want a nice Ibanez 7s, look at used RG742x and RG762x series. If you want something better, you know your going to have to shell out the cash.

Also fwiw, most of the Ibanez 7 string dont come with active pickups, other then the RGA7. And EMG pickups are larger then passive, so if you wanted to install EMG's, you would have to route the guitar to make the EMG's fit.

Asterix

Reaction score
Try getting an Ibanez S7420 from the late 90's- early 2000's. You will not be disappointed.

craigny

Winning...duh
Reaction score
Well i see your lookinf for Ibbys only and thee are alot of nice ones like mentioned above, however, if your willing to expand your choices, Schecter makes a lot of cool 7's for reasonable prices...haveing both an Ibanez and a Schecter 7 i can vouch for the awesomeness of both!

')