This an alright guitar?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Pezshreds

SSBRO.org Regular
Reaction score
+1 to GIO are pretty bad haha. I had a GIO 6 string and it was horrible IMHO.
Feel your pain living in aus and wanting good guitars though :(

Lifestalker

Reaction score
+1 for GIO being a terrible choice. Unless you're 10-11 years old...lol.

Keep searching. Something will pop up for you!

devolutionary

No longer 7-less
Reaction score
You won't get a decent 7 with solid trem bridge for cheap alas. RG7321s are a good pick though. The new 7421s are affordable as well, can get them for NZ$650 over here in Kiwiland. Could look at some of the LTD 7s, Schecter 7s, etc. Aim for something that's got a proven track record and not one of the budget sub-brands.

Metaguitarist

Reaction score
NEVER buy an Ibanez Gio guitar (the basses are not QUITE so terrible though). The floyd on them is useless, and they're awful in many other ways.

rikomaru

Reaction score
I love the instant outcry about the gio's. It instantly reminded me of a slow-mo NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO lol

MoshJosh

Reaction score
Instead of slapping GIO on the head stock Ibanez should Write GARBAGE!!! Ibanez used to make great low end guitars. The first guitar I ever owned was a cheap Ibanez and I was so impressed then I picked up a GIO and lost hope in cheap guitars. Still love Ibanez but disappointed

Reaction score
No. Don't do it. That's not really a deal in terms of price... The Gio line is really only good for beaters that if you take with you and something happens to it, you really won't care. If you're going to buy a Gio, buy a used one that's not going to cost a hell of a lot. There are better options.

WaffleTheEpic

Banned
Reaction score
I own a Gio GSR200FM 4 string bass (paid $60 for it, which does justify the "owning a Gio" part) and it's actually a really nice bass, and I've played a few Gio 6s (hardtails, mind) that were pretty good, compared to other guitars in its price range.

I do agree with saving up for a better 7, though, at least in the tremolo department.