This Economy?

• Thread starter sworth9411
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sworth9411

Banned
Reaction score
Mother F-er…..

So this economy sucks dick…..not a fucking miniscule third graders dick but if peter north and dirk diggler had a bastard penis son it would suck that dick….like Jenna Jameson sucking a golf ball through a garden hose.

So I have had my own business now for three years and for the first time last month started freelancing for some other companies to make ends meet now two of those companies have filed for chapter 11 with no notice (found out today when the check they wrote bounced) and the third has let me know that I can continue working for 1/3rd the money they were paying me before, but want me to do the same job. :nuts:

I have an opportunity for a corporate job but it requires an expensive move for a drastic cut in pay (think 40% of what I was making) and it also not a guaranteed steady job and could disappear in 6-8 months if the economy keeps going this way….. I have completely changed my spending habits to boot I have no car payment minimal monthly bills (expect apartment cost which I do live in one of the least expensive area of LA but that’s still $1900.00 per month in a loft (yes I am serious you can’t touch a studio here for under 1200.00 and I need the extra room))

So what I am considering and I need some of your advise on this is a few things…

1) Wait this bitch out…it can’t rain forever and try some other shit out for a while…live off my savings (which can sustain me for about a year or so with no source of income) and then build back up….
2) Say :fawk:this shit I’m out. Move to Albuquerque (got a few friends there) sell my current business and start a new one focusing on music (p.s. if your local in NM let me know and maybe we can chat as I will invest a lot of money but be looking for other potential investors for a solid bullet proof business plan).
3) Move to Canada….. (I do love Canadian beer, hockey, and women….I also enjoy free healthcare, Quebec and Toronto are very nice….plus I speak a little French…)
4) Move to England Pool my savings and become a soccer hooligan following the Tottenham Hotspurs around while smoking copious amounts of cigarettes, and drinking myself to death…
5) Join the French Foreign Legion and fight communists.

So basically if any of you out there need a furniture, industrial, graphic, interior, set designer, art director, business manager, rad sweet awesome dude to do work for you, or just want to invest copious amounts of money into my business PM me…..I’m sorry for the rant and rave but I am positive many of you will agree with me….

Discuss. :lol:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

CrashRG

I'm Back Bitches!
Reaction score
man i feel you on this one, even though our jobs are way diff. I'm a welder for a good size nationwide known company, get paid $18/hour.....but its a union based shop. ive only been there a year and am considered low man on the seniority list, therefore if theres a layoff, ill be one of the first to go, either permanent or temporary. i have no savings left (burned through that 2 years ago when i was let go from other job)

here's the advice my parents, wife, friends and co-workers have given me:
just take one day at a time, watch your spending, and hope for a better day. which is exactly what I'm doin. Watchin my spending, minimum payments and just takin it one day at a time. Worry about shit too much and you'll drive yourself absolutely nuts.

this shit can't last forever man, so whatever you decide, good luck to you and anyone else thats feeling the pain of this economic state.

sworth9411

Banned
Reaction score
hahaha....I feel both.....In the words of Deez Nutz... I hustle everyday.

Tiger

Reaction score
Im renting a house an 1800 sq ft house and its only $800 a month here in SC...Dude living in LA is just such a money sucker and I'd only do it if I was seriously getting paid. Since it sounds like you're not, I'd move.

sworth9411

Banned
Reaction score
Im renting a house an 1800 sq ft house and its only $800 a month here in SC...Dude living in LA is just such a money sucker and I'd only do it if I was seriously getting paid. Since it sounds like you're not, I'd move.

:lol: $800 here doesnt get you a bachelor in compton with a shared bathrooms and gunshots at night.....:wallbash:

RenegadeDave

Huge nerd
Reaction score
I'm in Atlanta, I've got a job with a large commercial general contractor and was trying to drop the "junior" in front of Estimator. December was slow, but January is damn near a standstill. My division manager is really stressing. Since we're so hungry I don't get many opportunities to prove myself. I fear if we move to lay offs, I'll be the first out the door given my junior status and the fact they won't really let me get my hands dirty because we need every job that comes through the door. I'm updating my resume this weekend and putting it in the hands of recruiters, just in case. I don't want to leave my current company, but I might not have a choice :( .

So start building stuff in Atlanta, you'll get it at fantastic prices :p

Reaction score
Personally, i think you need to move the fuck out of that shithole called LA. The living costs are ridiculous. Move to an area that will be more forgiving living cost wise.

EDIT: Pretty much what Tiger said.

maliciousteve

Contributor
Reaction score
Don't come to the UK, it's fucking miserable.

We only get 1 week of REAL summer weather, the rest of the year it's usually grey, wet, windy and cold.

Getting any kind of Job is very hard at the moment and when you do, you just barely make enough to pay for transport and have a little for yourself.

Stitch

Banned
Reaction score
Don't come to the UK, it's fucking miserable.

We only get 1 week of REAL summer weather, the rest of the year it's usually grey, wet, windy and cold.

Getting any kind of Job is very hard at the moment and when you do, you just barely make enough to pay for transport and have a little for yourself.

Then there is neds, the 15% VAT rate that will be going up to 20% eventually, Norfolk, a complete lack of anything distinctly attractive, game, music and movie releases weeks and weeks after the American ones for no discernible reason, Norfolk, insufferable accents, council housing, an almost dead music scene unless your one of the thirty people friends with Sikth in some form, Norfolk, ridiculous petrol prices, appalling public transport, Wales, and the knowledge that Scotland is up there, just over the hills.

sworth9411

Banned
Reaction score
Hahahaha...I lived in Battersea for a few years and loved it but given the current economy and my lack of a working visa my guess is they'll deport me before i ahve enough time to hate my life enough to end it hahaha....

LA is only kind of a shithole. Unless you are an entertainment industry whore and then life is golden for you.....seriously considering the move to somewhere without earthquakes as well......but we do have disneyland.

I feel for everyone in this worldwide economic downturn.....hopefully this turns aound hella soon.

hairychris

Hairy Old Bloke
Reaction score
Then there is neds, the 15% VAT rate that will be going up to 20% eventually, Norfolk, a complete lack of anything distinctly attractive, game, music and movie releases weeks and weeks after the American ones for no discernible reason, Norfolk, insufferable accents, council housing, an almost dead music scene unless your one of the thirty people friends with Sikth in some form, Norfolk, ridiculous petrol prices, appalling public transport, Wales, and the knowledge that Scotland is up there, just over the hills.

Norfolk's fine unless you actually go there. It doesn't seem to export it's twats... unlike Scotland & Wales... :idea:

:wub:

sworth9411

Banned
Reaction score
P.S. I love people who post unsigned negative rep in the lounge for being too "vulgar"...my thoughts on it were it is a place to complain, bitch and rant, and generally address something that has become the elephant in the room and as it is to me I am sure is upsetting to many other people....

I did not intend to offend anyone, but If it offended you look somewhere else and enjoy your fals e sense of a power trip you maggot......:)

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
LA is just plain expensive. so if its costing a shitload to live in a relatively small place (which it is) i'd try to find a more affordable city/state to live in. leaving the country is far more hassle than it's worth, probably.

sworth9411

Banned
Reaction score
Actually it was meant to be a joke at first but i have gotton a rather serious response ::lol:: but the more I think about Canada the more appealing it is.....maybe.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
its probably because you listed moving to about 3 different places :lol:

sworth9411

Banned
Reaction score
:lol: true......only one was England.....two Canda...three New Mexico.....number three still looking like a win providing I can find a building to purchase....If not I will continue to wallow in my misery until things pick up here again....then who knows.

The Atomic Ass

Redefining Sound
Reaction score
I don't even make $1,900/month, much less be able to afford such a rent payment. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
')