This guy got a good deal (Mesa Rectifier)

• Thread starter mazafaka
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

mazafaka

Relentless Bastard
Reaction score
This thing was listed in the wrong section and misspelled. These deals don't come along that often, but I'd say it was a good price on a Single Rec and a 4x12 Mesa Cab:

http://cgi.ebay.com/mesa-boogie-sin...358884839QQcategoryZ14983QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I saw it a few hours before it went, but I wasn't planning on bidding. We need to start posting good Ebay deals on here to make sure they get snapped up by other SS.org members who might be interested. I know we do it on occasion, but I am going to try to remember to do it on all worthwhile gear, not just the stuff people are specifically looking for... or do you think that would jam up the message boards? (these deals don't come along very often)

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
WOW! That almost seems too good to be true. The seller even ended the auction early to sell to the highest bidder. :scratch:

Vince

Contributor
Reaction score
might've been hot. Sometimes the simplest answer is the most logical one.

mazafaka

Relentless Bastard
Reaction score
desertdweller said:
might've been hot. Sometimes the simplest answer is the most logical one.

Yeah, I was thinking that too. It always amazes me that people can steal things of that size...

eaeolian

Pictures of guitars I don't even own anymore!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
mazafaka said:
Yeah, I was thinking that too. It always amazes me that people can steal things of that size...

I have this image of someone grabbing that heavy bastard out of the back of a truck and running off with it...slowly.

mazafaka

Relentless Bastard
Reaction score
You find this type of thing all the time. There is a Road King combo + cabinet on there set to end tomorrow (Tuesday) and when I emailed the guy asking a simple question, he responded with "how much you pay me now via Western Union?" or something. So I did a little more research and found that it was almost the exact same ad that previously completed a few days earlier just re-posted on a different account with slight info differences. Most likely the current ad is posted using a hijacked Ebay account. That shit pisses me off.

Leon

{##[====:::.
Contributor
Reaction score
mazafaka said:
You find this type of thing all the time. There is a Road King combo + cabinet on there set to end tomorrow (Tuesday) and when I emailed the guy asking a simple question, he responded with "how much you pay me now via Western Union?" or something. So I did a little more research and found that it was almost the exact same ad that previously completed a few days earlier just re-posted on a different account with slight info differences. Most likely the current ad is posted using a hijacked Ebay account. That shit pisses me off.
i don't ever buy off ebay. i always hit the classifieds here or over at Jemsite :yesway:
better deals, too, IMO.

Chris

Forum MVP
Reaction score
If any of you steals a full recto setup, I will happily give you $850 for it. :lol:

Leon

{##[====:::.
Contributor
Reaction score
Chris said:
If any of you steals a full recto setup, I will happily give you $850 for it. :lol:
don't give my broke-ass any ideas! :nono:
:)

Dylan7620

that guy
Reaction score
ha ha. i knew this thing would go for cheap but damn! i thought with rectifyer and 100 watts of power this would get passed over by alot of unknowing people. glad to see it go to someone on here and congrats on the killer deal!

mazafaka

Relentless Bastard
Reaction score
Dylan7620 said:
ha ha. i knew this thing would go for cheap but damn! i thought with rectifyer and 100 watts of power this would get passed over by alot of unknowing people. glad to see it go to someone on here and congrats on the killer deal!

Errr... I don't think it actually went to anyone on here, did it? Just some random Ebay user...

Reaction score
Leon said:
i don't ever buy off ebay. i always hit the classifieds here or over at Jemsite :yesway:
better deals, too, IMO.
I bidded on ebay for a dual recto and reveived at least 5 emails from scammers, that turned me right off. There's enough broke musicians within driving distance that good deals are to be snatched up. I eventually got a Dual Recto for $1400 CAD ($1187 US) from a kid in Toronto. Small world eh?

Defrost

Reaction score
Some dude i know stole a Marshall Valvestate 80 V combo right of the stage at a Helloween party the other day. He just ran of with it without the band or crowd even noticing it. When he arrived at home he discovered that he left his jacket at the party and he returned for it and didn't get recognised at all (here in Holland we don't dress up that much as you guys do). He thinks it's a really cool thing to have done, but i'm disgusted with that kind of behaviour. Bottomline: although a nice deal, i wouldn't by stolen good off of ebay.

Scott

Aye.
Contributor
Reaction score
I never stole anything music related, besides a pick accidently maybe.

Now, During my time working at Wal Mart on the other hand.....woooo boy.... :lol:

Roland777

Reaction score
Ha ha, is this thread great or what? :D

The worst I've done is to walk off with a soft drink I thought my classmate had paid for. "Hey, thanks for the soda" "What soda?" "....... oh shit."

')