This has to be a fake ESP?

• Thread starter 693
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Element0s

Low Fantasy/Black Denim
Reaction score
I'm not an expert in spotting fakes but the things you mentioned (floyd cavity, glued maple fretboard, heel cutaway) are all exactly the same as the mid-90's M-ii I used to own. My mid-90's Mirage also had the same heel cut.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
I'm not an expert in spotting fakes but the things you mentioned (floyd cavity, glued maple fretboard, heel cutaway) are all exactly the same as the mid-90's M-ii I used to own. My mid-90's Mirage also had the same heel cut.

Well this one is from 2006, So far as I know shouldn't have those things.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I've owned three M-II bolt-ons from this time period (early to mid 00's) and this looks legit. Not very well taken care of, and the mods seem somewhat janky, but I'm not seeing any major red flags as to it's authenticity.

gujukal

Reaction score
If 7500 krona is 800 USD, there's no way a legitimate ESP guitar would go for a price that low. I'd suggest steering away.
I see ESP Eclipses all the time for around 6000-8000 kr in Sweden, so 7500 kr for an M-II doesn't seem that crazy.

MSS

Reaction score
Personally, I would pass on this. It looks like someone removed the neck and partially stripped the screws. Not well taken care of it appears. Too many red flags IMO.

Humbuck

Can't stop, won't stop
Reaction score
Looks like an ESP to me. A good friend of mine picked up a used but excellent condition version of the very same guitar on Craigslist in the NYC/NJ region for $700 usd last year. I actually sent him the ad and said if you don't take it, I will.

AC.Lin

Poopy-di scoop & Scoop-diddy-whoop
Reaction score
I own a few ESP, and this one seems legit to me.
Looking at the serial number we can deduce the guitar was made the 23th december of 2006.
The only "shocking" thing is how heavily it got modified and how beaten it got. But still it looks totally legit to me.

Looking at its current state and how old it is, i'm not surprised that it's only 7500kr (around 720€). I would never pay more for this just because it's an ESP. I mean, look at that horrible gap between the neck and the fretboard....:erk:

Fierce_Swe

Reaction score
I think it's a real ESP and I think looks nice too, a bit modified fur sure.

Nightside

I AM THE EMPEROR
Reaction score
It's real. The one thing fakes never get right is the blade headstock. The blade headstock has all kinds of angles. The edge where the tuners buttons are is cut at an angle similar to the sharp edge of a knife blade. The top cut on the tip is at a similar angle. The tuners are never lined up correctly on fakes and even LTDs from some periods. The tuners should be mounted deep into the headstock until only the tuner buttons stick out of the edge. None of the shaft leading up to the tuner buttons should be visible from the front of the headstock.

')