This is insane!!! tremolo!!picking!!!

• Thread starter Alex-D33
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

playstopause

Contributor
Reaction score
Seeing how fast you can play has about as much application to music as a dude pulling a 18-wheeler with his earlobes has to do with weight-lifting.

:rofl:

He says in the comments that he's not trying to be impressive, and that it's just a "novelty talent".

Can he really put the word "talent" in there? :lol:
I would go with : ability.

:2c:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Metal Ken

Hates the Air
Contributor
Reaction score
i think the 6 million dollar man has more important things to do than pick faster than us :lol:

Alex-D33

Golderak is King
Contributor
Reaction score
Hey! guy calm down :) I started this thread just for fun !! lol we should all have a cold beer or what ever tickles your fancy and have a good time ..

I know it sound's cheesy but I hate arguments .

one more thing I forgot to say ...I'm A BIT SMASHED ;;;LOL ..

Alex-D33

Golderak is King
Contributor
Reaction score
What I'm trying to say is that it takes a lot more talent to write a good song than to do this. This is a purely mechanical exercise which many people can achieve if they put in the time and effort. "Novelty talent?" I could spend all day trying to set a new record in how fast I do a trill on my guitar, and it would be every bit as pointless to watch and annoying to listen to.

I haven't heard any of this guy's stuff so I can't criticise that, but I find it absurd to the point of sillyness that someone would sit around and invest hours into something like this.

Again, sorry if I'm going against the grain here, nothing against you fellas, just my opinion again :wavey: Still, I think that youtube is the worst thing to happen to guitar since Kurt Cobain.

:agreed: :lol: :yesway:

Aghorasilat

33rd degree
Contributor
Reaction score
This is, as others have stated, incredibly stupid.

I could tighten the muscles in my picking arm and pick that fast with a bit of practice. So what? Seeing how fast you can play has about as much application to music as a dude pulling a 18-wheeler with his earlobes has to do with weight-lifting.

It takes a lot more talent to actually write a good song. Sounds like somebody failed at music and is in denial.

Sorry if I'm coming off as a bit extreme or arrogant, but I seriously hate this stuff :mad: Shit like this takes the beauty that is guitar and music, and mutilates it beyond recognition.

I agree I think its doable any one who comes from a death metal back ground with some average chops can do this. Have you ever seen Paul Masvidal pick with his elbow? Its fast if not faster than this....
If you listen to ERIC RUTAN:hbang: he has this guy beat in a heart beat and at least its more musical....

This is not "Talent" chris this is the equivolent of tightening muscles and jerking off on redbull...

Nik

Arrogant asshole
Reaction score
Can he really put the word "talent" in there? :lol:
I would go with : ability.

:2c:

lol I think that summarizes my thoughts best :yesway: Maybe I was a bit presumptious to attack this guy's music, and I appologize, although I still think that no self-respecting musician would devote hours of practice into this.

And yes Aghorasilat, John McLaughlin is god :bowdown: I still need to finish watching his instructional DVD all the way through :yesway:

Aghorasilat

33rd degree
Contributor
Reaction score
lol I think that summarizes my thoughts best :yesway: Maybe I was a bit presumptious to attack this guy's music, and I appologize, although I still think that no self-respecting musician would devote hours of practice into this.

And yes Aghorasilat, John McLaughlin is god :bowdown: I still need to finish watching his instructional DVD all the way through :yesway:

He is GOD. His video is incredible! However I wished it should more his technique & his rhythmic groupings he used in Shakti era & when he plays with Paco... or "Que alegria.."

Oh well transcribing is still the best instructional DVD....

Aghorasilat

33rd degree
Contributor
Reaction score
If only he could play guitar with his feet :metal: :shred:

Derek Roddy can actually play guitar better than most people I know.
He was a guitarist first before a monster Drummer!

He is an incredible musician and person.

Santiago Dobles

Metal Ken

Hates the Air
Contributor
Reaction score

Thats what im saying though, how do you know he really practiced that? Maybe he just found it was soemthing he could do, and it sounded funny? F.Ex, you don't practice being double jointed. its just something stupid some people just can do.

Alex-D33

Golderak is King
Contributor
Reaction score
Derek Roddy can actually play guitar better than most people I know.
He was a guitarist first before a monster Drummer!

He is an incredible musician and person.

Santiago Dobles

didn't know that this is guy is :metal: as hell ..thanks for the info..I guess we learn new things everyday on this Forum..great people on here .:yesway:

Karl Hungus

You're no daisy.
Contributor
Reaction score
That's awesome, and the dude has a STEALTH! How much more awesome can you get? Oh no, that's the absolutel height of awesome!

')