This is one of the reasons I love astronomy

• Thread starter ohio_eric
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ohio_eric

Contributor
Reaction score
web_print.jpg

This is M81 a spiral galaxy in Ursa Major. You can see it in binoculars if you know what you're looking for and where to look. This is similar to how our galaxy would look from 12 million light years away.

All the facts and data are cool but it sure is pretty to look at.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MF_Kitten

Set up us the bomb
Reaction score
awe, i´ve always loved this stuff too... i saw a mathematically programmed 3d animated supernova... it was pretty sweet :p

also, i´ve always loved solar and lunar eclipses, and meteors and shooting stars, and once, you could see mars really clearly on the sky as a large red-ish dot :p

i read alot about astronomy and stuff as a kid, too... fascinating stuff!

Grom

New found sanity
Reaction score
Astronomy is one of my passions as well. I freakin' love to gaze at the immensity and feel like I may not be the only soul doing so in the Universe.

Kagami

Forum MVP
Reaction score
I love space, I'm a huge space-geek, lol.

Naren

OldschoolGhettostyle
Reaction score
That is one of the reasons I love astronomy as well. I ever considered majoring in it for a short period of time, but my math skills aren't that great and I probably wouldn't be too good doing an astronomy-related job... but the studying it in college would be fun (I only took 2-3 astronomy classes in college as it is).

Zepp88

Arktanian Diplomat
Contributor
Reaction score
The universe is amazing, and those pictures are breaktaking.

One of my favorites is Andromeda! The red is awesome looking

')