This is the most racist campaign ad I have ever seen.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
God I hate living in the south... I'm currently 30mins or so from Alabama and honestly northern Florida is essentially still Georgia and Alabama.

But on topic, for fuck's sake I hate people like this. I saw a bumper sticker the other day that said "Speak English or Go Back to the Sorry Ass Country You Came From" and I about rammed into the car.

FretWizard88

Reaction score
Yea, It takes stupid politicians with fucked up plans (like this guy) to make you really want to move. I live in Wisconsin, and I hear that "Go back to where you cam from!" shit all of the time.

It makes me sick...

Waelstrum

All Fourths Advocate
Reaction score
No, he's almost right. People should only ever speak the language of the country your in. He should redo that add in the various languages of the Native Americans that inhabited the area now referred to as Alabama. Just like how I should be typing in the languages of the Wulgurukaba and Bindal people. (The traditional Aboriginal owners of my town.)

FretWizard88

Reaction score
No, he's almost right. People should only ever speak the language of the country your in. He should redo that add in the various languages of the Native Americans that inhabited the area now referred to as Alabama. Just like how I should be typing in the languages of the Wulgurukaba and Bindal people. (The traditional Aboriginal owners of my town.)

+1:agreed:

Explorer

He seldomly knows...
Reaction score
Formerly from Cucaramacatacatirimilcote...
A few years ago, there was a neo-Nazi rally near where I live, with all these skinheads chanting about how people should go back to where they belong, and to leave this area to those who were here first.

Which was great, considering that a counter-group of Native Americans co-opted the message, and the crowd started jeering the Nazis about being f'king hypocrites who wouldn't make good on their word.

The best part about it was, the crowd wasn't upset or angry. The neo-Nazis were facing laughter, to which they had no defense. When a bunch of huge Native Americans start pantomiming 'Sieg heils!" and marching in clownish imitation of you, and there's so many eyes on you (and cameras) that you know you'll be killed later if you do anything (then or later) to retaliate, it's just time to roll up the hate carpet and move on.

(In a lot of ways, I liked the fact that the Nazis were facing a group who were willing to match them violence for violence, and who had their own legal nation nearby, so there was no real chance of the Nazis getting near them without being caught and killed by entering the land without permission. *laugh* It's very unlikely that anyone would get extradited off the rez for beating the crap out of a racist....)

aslsmm

Banned
Reaction score
in wolf point MT there was a navy seal who was from the rez and was home visiting his mom. one night he got into a bar fight and he was beating the crap out of a guy who was calling him a pussy, when the guy's friend came up behind him and stabbed him in the back several times. he kept stabbing him till he died. because it was reservation land the federal government couldn't do anything and the bia didn't want to investigate very far into the scenario, the guy was charged with assault and was sentanced for only 6 months. for killing a navy seal he only got 6 months. so if they couldn't drag his ass from the rez to rposecute then they certainly couldn't get anyone else for something as minor as killing a racist. true story.

JJ Rodriguez

Contributor
Reaction score
Wow, that was amazingly racist :lol: I do think it's common courtesy for people to learn the language of where you're moving, but this is just a little too far....

Demiurge

Reaction score
Of course, it goes too far and the politician himself will probably admit it behind closed doors, but ultimately, it's marketing. In our bad economy, people are looking to blame "outsiders" and that includes recent (legal, even) immigrants and politicians know that there is a large body of voters with whom they can press this button and gain support.

Personally, I think there can be a reasonable discourse surrounding the idea of making English the official language of the USA, but ads like these are not part of it.

jymellis

Talk To DeWalt
Reaction score
YEEEEE-HHHAAAAAWWWWWWWW

ok, so i watched it and read everbodies posts.

i would like to add that i am 75% native american and in our various languages we dont have any words to speak that bullshit lololol. what ever happened to "the melting pot"? i thought he was a business man? dont businesses deal with people that speak other languages on a daily basis?

jymellis

Talk To DeWalt
Reaction score
A few years ago, there was a neo-Nazi rally near where I live, with all these skinheads chanting about how people should go back to where they belong, and to leave this area to those who were here first.

Which was great, considering that a counter-group of Native Americans co-opted the message, and the crowd started jeering the Nazis about being f'king hypocrites who wouldn't make good on their word.

The best part about it was, the crowd wasn't upset or angry. The neo-Nazis were facing laughter, to which they had no defense. When a bunch of huge Native Americans start pantomiming 'Sieg heils!" and marching in clownish imitation of you, and there's so many eyes on you (and cameras) that you know you'll be killed later if you do anything (then or later) to retaliate, it's just time to roll up the hate carpet and move on.

(In a lot of ways, I liked the fact that the Nazis were facing a group who were willing to match them violence for violence, and who had their own legal nation nearby, so there was no real chance of the Nazis getting near them without being caught and killed by entering the land without permission. *laugh* It's very unlikely that anyone would get extradited off the rez for beating the crap out of a racist....)

i lived on a rez :) i think there would be a melee, and the beaten nazis would end up in the rez jail :evil: oh and for those that may not know. rez=reservation. its what what most people think. its more like a large apartment complex full of pissed of injuns. on th rez, there is reservation police. they are usually native american police officers. there is also usually a reservation police station ran by native americnas. this is seperate from the local city jail :hbang:

Jontain

Reaction score
Haha loved how it would cut from a shot of him walking up to the camera, to the same shot from a different angle.

Although I have to say to me its polite to talk the native lanuage of where you live, I of course dont believe that this means you have to give up your heritage and your countrys language.

I still dont understand rasism in todays world, times have drastically changed from when these 'racist' views were simply because people didnt communicate with others from all around the world and in alot of places it comes from small communities that for a long time didnt consider 'outsiders' that they didnt see on the news every day or on the web. Even so those views cant and wont work in todays communities, I also have to agree it is very hypocritical of 'americans' being racist and indeed 'the english' as both have stemed from many different cultures! In americas case it makes even less sence being that they are not native to the lands if they want to bring race into the matter.

At the same time though I thoroughly belive that everyone has the right to their own beliefs, its never someone elses place to tell them how to live, this applies to all racist or not.

synrgy

Ya ya ya I am Lorde
Reaction score
FUCK I hate this country sometimes..

Some day I'll be travelling some other place, and some person is going to presume I'm like THIS asshole, just because I'm from America.

So yeah.. Fuck this guy and his xenophobia. He's part of the problem I want solved.

Konfyouzd

Return of the Dread-I
Reaction score
what ever happened to" the melting pot"?

This. And while it *is* common courtesy to "speak the language of the land" they haven't made any laws making that a requirement. Furthermore, it comes off as a tad ignorant on the American ppl's part particularly because most of us only speak one language--English (and even the English reject the way we speak it :lol:) and most ppl that come here tend to speak their own language as well as learn English (as Americans know it).

After all this time with all these other nationalities living here, most ppl I know still only have a vague understanding, if any, of the Spanish language and they tend to get rather upset if they hear you speaking it.

The fact of the matter is that ppl are here that don't necessarily speak the language YOU grew up speaking. Either learn to speak new languages or avoid these ppl. Whatever is easiest for you.

Konfyouzd

Return of the Dread-I
Reaction score
In americas case it makes even less sence being that they are not native to the lands if they want to bring race into the matter.

Killing the natives and putting your name on something doesn't make you the new native??? :scratch: :lol:

I coulda sworn history before this was 'Murrica was just a myth...

/troll

orb451

Banned
Reaction score
Well, bring on the hate for me, because I agree with this guy 100%. I don't find his ad racist at all.

Is he calling out any particular group of people? No. Is he implying that he's somehow superior to others because of the color of his skin, or his heritage? No. Is he suggesting intolerance or hatred towards a particular group of people? No.

What it sounds like to me, but I'm sure not you folks is, if you want to live in Alabama and you want a drivers license, you need to take a test. That test will be provided in English only if he's elected. So to me, that sounds pretty reasonable. English is the primary language for US residents in general, it is spoken almost everywhere here, I think it's only fair that people learn to read, write and speak it.

What's so "OMFG" insane about that?

And Jym, I always have to put in the "I love ya" footnote, because I do, and I respect you, your heritage and your opinions, even if I disagree with them. I say this because as you can see from this thread, whenever English as the primary language of the USA is brought up, Native Americans and subsequently their land, culture and languages are also brought up.

I've heard the argument many a time, America was founded on lands *stolen* from the natives. I wouldn't dispute that, not for one second. But can someone kindly point me to a country or land *anywhere* in the world that wasn't *once* inhabited by someone, who was later ousted, subjugated, slaughtered, relocated or otherwise marginalized? Other than maybe Africa which, to my knowledge, is the cradle which brought us modern humans?

And don't get me wrong, I'm not discounting Native American's struggles, or the history of theirs. I'm just saying, if you look around the country, or the world, I think you'll find that territory and land expansion were the first *resources* people had. It's only natural that one group wanting or needing said resources would take them, and it's only natural that in the course of taking them, people would be killed.

I know it's an alien concept to most of you, but if you look throughout history, problems have not historically *always* been solved by sitting down at a table to discuss things fairly and rationally. And again, I'm not making excuses for wrong doing, just trying to point out that that's the way the world has historically operated. So it should be no surprise that European settlers in America, upon arriving here and attempting to live, would in turn, perhaps, try to communicate with the locals to some degree, and then take by force that which they wanted.

And again, it's hard to justify their actions. You really can't do it, and I am not attempting to. However, hindsight is often 20/20. I doubt there were a vocal majority of enlightened free-thinkers that think and feel the way we, or you, feel today looking back. To us it is common sense NOT to try to continually "take take take". But back then, that was the solution they thought would work.

And at the time, because fair is fair, yes *they* should have learned to speak the natives' languages. But given *their* own savage mindset, is it any wonder that they didn't? Are you at all surprised by their line of thought (wrongfully I might add), that "hey, these people aren't people, they're animals, they don't dress like us, they don't look like us, they don't talk like us... fuck em'". I have a feeling there was a fair amount of that from the white settlers and probably a bit of it from the natives as well.

Point being, the white settlers were the ones who eventually conquered the natives. And for the last fucking time, I'm not applauding them or glorifying their atrocities. But the fact remains, they got what they wanted. And over time, English (or the American bastardization) has won out as *the* primary language for our country. So, with all that said, I think it's only fair that in *today's* day and age, that if an immigrant comes here from another country, that they learn to speak, read and write English.

And I'm sick and tired of minorities clinging to their language as if it is the only thing that defines them and their culture. Yes I said it. No one is saying don't learn your native language. No one is saying don't read it, or speak it when you're comfortable. Well OK, some are, but I'm not among them. I'm saying that if you want to get by in this country of ours, it only serves YOU in the long run to speak 2 languages (or however many you want to learn). Keep your flags, wear them with pride, celebrate your diversity and your heritage till you fucking fall down and turn blue in the face.

But if you're going to try to get government benefits or work in this country (as you should), and for the moment, English remains the primary language, then fucking learn it. When in the middle of this century Latinos take over as the majority, and the issue inevitably comes up in Congress or society in general, and Spanish is established as the primary language, then it will be up to everyone to learn it.

Are you (in general) the type of person that would move to another country and expect the local population to speak *your* language? If you moved to another country permanently, are you the type of person that would expect the local government to provide you with tests, street names, applications and forms in *your* native language, not theirs? If you are, I feel bad for you. I really do, because I despise people with a sense of entitlement. Life owes you NOTHING.

And I say this as a Latino AND an immigrant from South America.

So yeah, a big :yesway: for me for this guy, wish we had a governator like that in Kalifornia but unfortunately we're stuck with "GET TO THE CHOPPPA!!!!" instead.

Now bring on the arguments. I'm looking at YOU Explorer, mmr007, Synrgy and Randy. :fawk:

')