This is Why You Suck at Guitar: Your Hand Synchronization SUCKS!

BenEllerGuitars

Reaction score
Hey Shredi Knights!
Uncle Ben here is starting 2016 off right with a brand new episode of This is Why You Suck at Guitar. I've gotten a lot of requests for how to get your hands in sync with each other, which is a problem that plagues a LOT of guitarists. It seems like a lot of dudes reach a certain speed where they quit feeling the subdivisions of the beat, and just set their picking hand to "stun" mode and floor it, knocking their hand sync WAY off track.
I've got some tips and tricks to help you mentally and physically get back on the right track and get those mitts wiggling in perfect harmony! Get into it!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_UJU1Yb1jM

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

eoinbmorg

Reaction score
this was a much-needed (though embarrassing) wakeup call to usher in my new year...

mdeeRocks

Reaction score
Everyone who can't play fast but wants to should watch this. You've nailed it :bowdown:

Reaction score
Really glad I checked this out.

Have something to practice now. Time to not suck at making music anymore.

Anant Naag

hate frets
Reaction score
Love your mastodon video. Also great lesson, I should really improve my hand synchronization.

Varland

Baker of Rage
Reaction score
I've been working on the sixteenth note triplet run (I think it's written as a sextuplet at 92 BPM) at the beginning of Overture 1928 for a couple months now - still haven't gotten it up to tempo. Watching your video was enlightening and I'm hoping it can help me really start to nail runs like that!

Latest posts

')