This is Why You Suck at Guitar: Your Vibrato Sucks!

BenEllerGuitars

Reaction score
Strap in, kids! It's time for some real talk with Uncle Ben. Your vibrato.... It sucks. It makes me want to barf into my socks. But help is on the way. Grab the nearest axe, chug a bottle of motor oil, and get ready to start shaking those notes in a mean way. We are gonna cover the 4 most important styles of vibrato, and a bunch of tips and tricks to use to get you sounding like a real macho boss in no time. Grabbing an axe and displaying some gruesome vibrato is the perfect way to tell your mom's boyfriend "you're not my real dad". Let's go.
This is Why You Suck at Guitar, Lesson 36DD: Your Vibrato SUCKS - YouTube

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

stuglue

Reaction score
Well my vibrato still sucks, but my girlfriend says my finger to fanny stimulus has increased ten fold :)

stevexc

Reaction score
This video wasn't super helpful for me - vibrato's one of the few things I don't suck horribly at - but it did introduce me to the rest of your stuff, and that sweep picking video's helped me a ton. I'm not even in the same building as my guitars and I feel like I can sweep better!

Thanks dude!

Convictional

Starfish, Octopus
Reaction score
I don't really need help with my vibrato but I watched anyway cause of the commentary.

"Wrist vibrato: your mom's favourite vibrato."

:lol::lol::lol:

JustMac

ss not-so-regular
Reaction score
That side to side vibrato is really cool, I always wondered how fusion guys added vibrato to chords!

Edika

Reaction score
I have been using mostly wrist vibrato and I have improved it a lot over the years. I think I was using finger vibrato when I first started playing but it really annoyed me for the reasons you mentioned. Side to side vibrato I used when I was learning violin and saw only classical guitarists use it. A good idea for chords and I'll start working on that more. The circular vibrato however I had no idea about and it seems like a cool technique to use.

Latest posts