Thoren (Instrumental Brutal Death)

• Thread starter vgguru39
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Darknut

Reaction score
"Hey Anthony, sounds great. Haven't been listening to a ton of metal recently, but this hits the spot. Well thought out, well performed, and totally memorable. Thanks for sharing! I think the drum programming sounds excellent..." - Charlie Werber (Murmur) "Thoren is a little more my usual style, I definitely hear some of that jagged, dissonant death metal in there. Kind of Gorguts but with a personality its own, and a bit more brutal at times. I especially like the last part of the song starting at 4:05 where you get really abstract and throw in the Demilich riff - well done!" - Will Smith talking about the track Shelob (Artificial Brain, Buckshot Facelift)
I think my life just got flipped turned upside down.. But really, I liked the clean part at about 0:50 on Gwerlum, the bass was meandering around in a cool way and the echoey guitar went well with it. then it came back at 1:42 i was like, ah, nice, you knew where you were goin with that one, :yesway:. Ungoliant was really cool, prolly my favorite. It was easier to grab onto what I was hearing for some reason, it was prolly the drums, but yeah. The solo at 1:50 or so was AWESOME, i love center stage atonal solos like that, its rare to hear that stuff pulled off well.

Thorerges

Reaction score
I actually really dig this man. Some really cool stuff going on here. Good thing you made it instrumental!!

Sepultorture

Murder Machine
Reaction score
really digging this, no vocals makes for the enjoyment of the shear brutality of just the music and instruments alone

also the composition is excellent, a nice balance of head on brutal with touches dis-harmonic melodies and clean almost jazzy passages where instruments wander from each other but also complement each other still

def gunna get this and spin the shit out of it in my car mate \m/

ridner

Bastard of Thousands
Reaction score
good to hear some kickass music coming out of my home state. really enjoying this!

vgguru39

Reaction score
Thanks for the kind words everyone. More stuff on the way soon. The next EP will have live drums and said drums should be recorded sometime this month.

vgguru39

Reaction score
Some updates: From now on the debut EP is available for free/pay what you want. Also, rehearsals are going great with our drummer and live drums will be on the next release. Exciting stuff coming soon!

vgguru39

Reaction score
The next Thoren release, entitled Brennanberg, is beginning the recording process today starting with Christopher Burrows (Coma Cluster Void, Vihaan) laying down drums. It will be a full length that's much darker than the EP. Prepare yourselves.

')