Thorn # 153 Pictures (56K, Come back in a year, this baby is loaded!)

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score
Honestly, yes. He had me play the JP7 first for a reason. It was just not in the same league as this guitar. It as much better than the JP7 as the JP7 is better than a Schecter Hellraiser. There was not any one thing on this guitar that was not better than any one thing on every single guitar I have ever played. Thorn's level of craftsmanship and skill is just awe inspiring. I am so happy that he makes a guitar that I could never use live (missing two frets and a string), because I probably would have to wait five years and take out a small loan to get one.

I actually played his Carvin 727 last. I was like, :shrug: :lol:

Cool stuff Dave! :yesway: Yeah, basically your description rings perfectly true to me. :agreed: I know I always sound like a fanboi or whatever but I think his guitars are THAT good. Glad to know I'm not alone there! You're welcome to play her whenever you want bro! :hbang: I'm extremely pleased with how this guitar turned out!!! :bowdown:

So Dave.... about that Roadster.... I'm coming over SOON! :lol: :metal:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Alex-D33

Golderak is King
Contributor
Reaction score
The craftmanship on this baby is spotless . I'ts truly a work of art !!!:)
You lucky sonofabiatch !!! congrats you got one fine gueeeeeeeetar .

ibzrg1570

Reaction score
Absolutely beautiful. I love how the truss rod cover continues the grain of the fretboard. Great pictures too!

MerlinTKD

EIght.Fold.Path / Hinge Theory
Contributor
Reaction score
Holy... that thing is amazing! Great call, I remember you posting you had to push to get it the way you wanted at first (don't I?)... if so, you were right all the way!! :hbang:

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score
Holy... that thing is amazing! Great call, I remember you posting you had to push to get it the way you wanted at first (don't I?)... if so, you were right all the way!! :hbang:

Hehe you might have me confused with someone else mate! Ron was a pleasure to deal with 150% of the way! Never one complaint from me on him, he was absolutely fantastic about custom options/wiring/inlay etc. so I don't think that was me you remember! ;) He does such amazing work that you almost have to see/play/hear one in person to get the full effect. I'm LOVING this guitar and I know 20 years from now, I'll STILL be loving this guitar.... hopefully by then I'll have a couple more beauties from him in tow! :tmm:

Reaction score
All that binding makes me go... :drool: HOLY SHIT IS THAT SOME NICE WOOD SELECTION! I wish I could get a custom with wood like that. :metal: You need to record something!

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score
All that binding makes me go... :drool: HOLY SHIT IS THAT SOME NICE WOOD SELECTION! I wish I could get a custom with wood like that. :metal: You need to record something!

I'm going to hopefully see Jerich sometime soon at his studio, maybe if I'm lucky he'll supply a few drum recordings for me to riff over! :metal: I'll bring both of my Thorns and my JP7 (Lungren M7 to be installed next weekend by my buddy down here, he's a fantastic tech!) so hopefully he can help me out there! :metal: Mmmmm Brunetti XL + Thorn = WOW!!!! :bowdown:

eaeolian

Pictures of guitars I don't even own anymore!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Man, the CASE is ridiculous - then when you see the guitar... :drool:

Naren

OldschoolGhettostyle
Reaction score
Gorgeous! It's not the kind of guitar I would order in a custom, but I can tell just by looking at it how well it must sound and play. The feel of that baby must be awesome. :yesway: Some gorgeous wood and inlays on that thing.

Jeff

Banned from Reality
Reaction score
Not my style, but beautiful, amazing workmanship! Congrats man, I bet it plays like a dream.

And that case is full-on pimp-tastic!

BigM555

I SS.org Salute You!
Contributor
Reaction score
Wow!

Just f'n Wow!!

I remember seeing some of the earlier shots but these really show it off. I can just imagine how much better it all looks in person.

Congratz on finally getting it.

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score
Hehe one of the things Noodles didn't spend much time on was the piezo... I just took about an hour on this part of the guitar and WOW it is awesome!!! The guitar is amazing, it surprises me daily! I feel very lucky to own an instrument of this caliber! :eek:

noodles

Contributor
Reaction score
Hehe one of the things Noodles didn't spend much time on was the piezo... I just took about an hour on this part of the guitar and WOW it is awesome!!! The guitar is amazing, it surprises me daily! I feel very lucky to own an instrument of this caliber! :eek:

Dude, I was just way too taken with the Rebel Yell set. The middle position is absolutely amazing at every single gain setting. For the piezos, I really need to hear it through two amps, one for each set of pickups.

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score
Thankfully they dont do a 7 or I'd be ballzdeep on a credit card right NOW.

You and me both man! I surprised myself when I calculated how much I have into my guitars right now..... over time it adds up! If he had a 7 out I'd be screwed.... :lol: I already have 2 of his 6'ers and at least 2 more planned... :yum:

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score
Wow.... hilarious... Ron just sent me this link for a wood supplier. Check out their prices on walnut and flamed walnut:

Northwest Timber

Look at the figure on the $750 piece... then look at the top and fretboard on my guitar.... yeah, can you say Matt got WAY lucky going with Ron Thorn for my guitars? :hbang:

')