Thorn Hawaiian DeLuxe

• Thread starter elq
  • Start date
  • Tags
    thorn
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

elq

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Reaction score
Ron Thorn, a builder who's guitars I (and many others) adore, recently purchased a large stash of Koa suitable for use as bodies and necks -

JFWDeFZ.jpg

:bowdown:

Combined with his long held stash of Koa tops (some of them seen in the above pic), Ron decided to turn this Koa (with a bit of Brazilian rosewood also visible in the pic) into a fully hollow body version of his DeLuxe 90 model.

I love Koa and Ron's guitars so I sent a short email the second I learned of his intent and Ron responded with ~10 option for top. I chose -

6jhqjNX.jpg

:shred:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Alberto7

Living room guitarist. Ex-bedroom guitarist.
Contributor
Reaction score
Holy bejesus :eek:

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
Oh man, that's a great choice.

Alberto7

Living room guitarist. Ex-bedroom guitarist.
Contributor
Reaction score
First a strandberg, then this? I swear youre gonna break SSO soon

You don't know this guy. SSO has been already broken in several parallel universes because of his NGD's on this one. Nothing but a matter of time until he breaks our own.

elq

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Reaction score
Oh man, that's a great choice.

I agree, but damn if it wasn't a very hard choice. Ron has a bunch of fanastic koa and choosing between the 10 tops was exceptionally hard. At least half of them were as nice and the one's that weren't "as nice" were nice in other ways.

Thought these were $7k?

Regardless, nice top Eric :yesway:

Yeah. The price isn't set yet, but ~$7k is what Ron has mentioned.

Um, will that top look equally as nice when flipped around? :lol:

It's a bookmatched top and I assume both halves are roughly similar, so we'll see :lol:

Last edited:

Latest posts

')