Those of you wanting A new Ibby 7...

• Thread starter Unknown Doodl3.2
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Shawn said:
61721_s.gif

Beautiful guitar. :drool:

Looks exactly like my RG8670, except it has an ebony board and flame maple neck binding :) God I love that guitar... if it had a seventh string I think I'd divorce my wife and marry it.

(note the pic doesn't do it justice, the flame is amazing)

Attachments

• rg8670dr.jpg
    rg8670dr.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 32

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Unknown Doodl3.2 said:
the 8470's have flamed maple neck binding also ;)

Certainly looks like it from the pictures, but I haven't seen any indications in any spec sheets or descriptions that the shipping model actually has the binding on it. Once again, I'd ask before I ordered one ;)

Personally I hope they have the binding, as it looks like the RG8427 has it as well :yesway:

Naren

OldschoolGhettostyle
Reaction score
technomancer said:
I'd email their international sales guy and confirm that it's a Prestige model. The pic shows a Prestige neck, but the description doesn't mention it being a Prestige model, which is odd as they normally say it several times in the descriptions. Also, it's REALLY cheap for a Prestige Ikebbe only model.

Which one are you referring to? Could you post a link, model number, title, or pic? The only dark bluish 7-strings I saw on there were either j-custom or prestige and said prestige. I couldn't find anyones that were blue 7-strings that didn't say prestige in the description or title... :scratch:

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Naren said:
Which one are you referring to? Could you post a link, model number, title, or pic? The only dark bluish 7-strings I saw on there were either j-custom or prestige and said prestige. I couldn't find anyones that were blue 7-strings that didn't say prestige in the description or title... :scratch:

HRG71 BTB on this page:

http://www.ikebe-gakki.com/free_sea...2=0&fair=&state2=&s_cate[]=1&&start_index=216

The pic shows a Prestige headstock, but it's substantially cheaper than the other HRG prestige fixed bridge models and doesn't mention Prestige anywhere in the description. You should also note my post was in response to Dendroapsis specifically mentioning the burnt transparent blue guitar, ie the HRG71 BTB.

AVH

avhguitarrepair.com
Forum MVP
Reaction score
technomancer said:
HRG71 BTB on this page:

http://www.ikebe-gakki.com/free_sea...2=0&fair=&state2=&s_cate[]=1&&start_index=216

The pic shows a Prestige headstock, but it's substantially cheaper than the other HRG prestige fixed bridge models and doesn't mention Prestige anywhere in the description. You should also note my post was in response to Dendroapsis specifically mentioning the burnt transparent blue guitar, ie the HRG71 BTB.

Yeah you're right. But it definately does say Prestige on the headstock, and that's why I thought, at that price? WTF?! I mean, just look at that thing, that's totally cool looking. :cool: Maybe the Japanese don't feel the same way, and the thing isn't selling, so they'll blow it out at a great price.
Who knows, but you're right, I should mail them first to be sure.

Naren

OldschoolGhettostyle
Reaction score
technomancer said:
HRG71 BTB on this page:

That's definitely prestige. For one thing, it says "prestige" on the headstock. I've seen other prestige things online that didn't mention it was "prestige" in the description. In English, they might mention it all the time, but in Japanese, sometimes they don't mention it all, especially if it's one of the cheaper prestiges.The cheapest 7-string prestige I ever saw was about 70,000 yen, still cheaper than that one. Most are at least 80,000 yen, though. I bought mine for about 94,000 yen.

')