Thoughts about the Ibanez M8M

• Thread starter Chipsdipp
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chipsdipp

Reaction score
So yeah, whats your thoughts about the new Ibanez M8M? =)

Finally, when Ibanez releases Meshuggahs guitars, they set the price tag about $8000(!!!!!!).

So, is it worth it? Why? Why not?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

EQGuitars

Reaction score
I've been a fan of Ibanez for almost 20 years now, but even so I don't feel it's worth the price. Ruling out the Meshuggah association (awesome, I know) and just taking what the guitar is on a fundamental level, you get a maple neck-thru, with an alder-slab modified RG shaped body, and a rosewood fretboard.

Provided, it's the first 8-string that Ibanez has introduced with a scale length long enough to really handle the low tuning, and the Lundgren pickups cost about $400 for the set and yes, it is made by their most prestigious shop of Japanese luthiers. However, given the simplicity of the design, and the inexpensiveness of the materials I don't think they even really needed to haul in the big guns on this one except to justify the lofty pricetag.

Unfortunately most big-production companies these days seem to just be venturing far enough into the extended range market to capitalize on the popularity of new progressive metal artists and the djent scene without changing up their assembly line process enough to offer an instrument with the features you would hope for (maybe they think it's a passing fad? idk). But when they do...boy do you have to pay for it. I just hope that Fredrik and Mårten get a huge cut out of the sale price but unfortunately I doubt it.

Danukenator

Kane's Bane
Reaction score
seriously does no one know how to search

To be fair, the search sucks. Doesn't work well, or at least I haven't found it useful.

This: Meshuggah signature site:sevenstring.org

Is the most useful thing ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
')