Thoughts on Dragonfire Pickups

• Thread starter zhughes17
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

zhughes17

Reaction score
I just bought a knock off jim root Tele that has dragonfire emg copies in it . They sound pretty close to 81/85s but that's just going off YouTube comparison videos.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Broken_Hyren

Reaction score
I've read online that they are not so great when you get to higher volumes, but I have zero experience.

I wonder if you can 18v/24v mod them

wannabguitarist

Contributor
Reaction score
I have a Dragonfire SA copy running at 18v in my LTD Mv. Sounds pretty damn good (actually, it sounds fantastic for $20 :lol) but it takes a second to "warm up" which is weird and the wiring diagram it came with was all sorts of wrong.

I'd definitely buy another one if I needed an active neck pickup on a budget. It was cheaper than any of the used EMGs I looked at :yesway:

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Not interested in the way they describe it. The Guitarfetish Red Actives seem more like my thing.

IdentityDevice

Reaction score
I got a set of screamers in an ibanez of mine that i got from my dad. I think they sound really good for the price.

5150time

Now with Vitamin R
Reaction score
I got a set of screamers in an ibanez of mine that i got from my dad. I think they sound really good for the price.

They do sound REALLY good for the price. I bought screamers one day for fun along with their 81C 85A set and they were both impressive. For 25-50 bucks, I would take them over EMG Selects any day.

monkeysuncle

Reaction score
Threw a Hot Rails copy of theirs in my Strat and was pleasantly surprised. Like others have said, great for the money!

Latest posts

')