Thoughts on GOC Guitars?

Albake21

Ibanez Nerd
Reaction score
That sounds about right. Neither the base Agile models nor the GOC that I have right now are thin. I don't know what they're doing exactly on this Materia run but I voiced my preference in an email to Pan when he asked what I thought about the guitar. Given they do custom shop stuff, I bet I could just have them make something with a thinner profile. Maybe the next run they do that can be part of the specs if this one isn't thin enough.
They definitely would have my interest with a much thinner neck closer to 19-21mm.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Mathemagician

Reaction score
Wait the GOC has a thicker neck than the Agiles? Damn that must be a pretty thick neck considering the Agile is like a medium thickness, to me at least.

Just jumping in here.

The only people to whom Agile’s “aren’t thin” are the ones who absolutely love Ibanez wizard necks.

For the rest of us that think wizard necks are flypaper and uncomfortable, agile necks are actually definitely in that Schecter banshee/Jackson soloist range of thin/shreddy necks.

People need to clarify when their barometer for “thin” is one of the thinnest necks on the market.

Neck shape also matters a lot, and D shaped necks with shoulders and a flat back are the worst IMO.

I don’t know anything about GOC’s necks though.

Albake21

Ibanez Nerd
Reaction score
Just jumping in here.

The only people to whom Agile’s “aren’t thin” are the ones who absolutely love Ibanez wizard necks.

For the rest of us that think wizard necks are flypaper and uncomfortable, agile necks are actually definitely in that Schecter banshee/Jackson soloist range of thin/shreddy necks.

People need to clarify when their barometer for “thin” is one of the thinnest necks on the market.

Neck shape also matters a lot, and D shaped necks with shoulders and a flat back are the worst IMO.

I don’t know anything about GOC’s necks though.
Schecter's ultra thin C (which is on half of their guitars) is 18mm to 20mm thick. While their normal is 20 to 22mm thick, still thinner than Agile's thinnest neck. Jacksons are just as thin as Ibanez Wizards which vary from 17mm to 23mm thick.

MysticNetherlands

Reaction score
First batch of 10 isn't shipped yet. A lot are being worked on. They recently did frets on some but are waiting on fretwire for some others currently. Everything seems to be progressing quite nicely so far. I'm rather impressed on top of how impressed I was when I got my Valkyrie.
Thanks a lot for your comment. Does your Valkyrie stay in tune very well?

LeviathanKiller

Knee-shooting Archer
Reaction score
I really wonder about the GOC bridge and lock, where are they sources from. Does anyone know??
Thanks a lot for your comment. Does your Valkyrie stay in tune very well?

They have branded tuners. "DJ Rocksolid open-gear" but not that kinda of DJ. :lol:
The full name is Dei Jung or something (I'm not home to check).

It seems to be staying in tune quite well so far. The strings that came on it were pretty meh in my opinion though and I haven't changed them yet since I'm waiting on pickups to come in that I'm putting in it. The stock 4th Dimension alnico pickups are cool but aren't really my thing and they do seem microphonic.

I really like the bridge system so far! Clean looking but completely functional. Isn't a pain to adjust or anything. Haven't noticed it hurting my hand either.

Taylor2

Do you even lift
Reaction score
That sounds about right. Neither the base Agile models nor the GOC that I have right now are thin. I don't know what they're doing exactly on this Materia run but I voiced my preference in an email to Pan when he asked what I thought about the guitar. Given they do custom shop stuff, I bet I could just have them make something with a thinner profile. Maybe the next run they do that can be part of the specs if this one isn't thin enough.

...do you think they'd do custom finishes and a thinner neck if you requested it? I should email them. I like a thinner neck generally.

LeviathanKiller

Knee-shooting Archer
Reaction score
...do you think they'd do custom finishes and a thinner neck if you requested it? I should email them. I like a thinner neck generally.
I know they do custom finishes (there was a Assassin's Creed themed one on their Instagram I noticed today even) and I know they do custom inlays (one dude has his name inlayed in a really sick font which as shown on their FB page).

I have not inquired about a custom neck profile just yet. But I will do that for you and myself when I email them (I need to ask to get a gig bag put on my order since it turns out they have a ton of storage unlike my current gig bags).

MysticNetherlands

Reaction score
They have branded tuners. "DJ Rocksolid open-gear" but not that kinda of DJ. :lol:

It seems to be staying in tune quite well so far. The strings that came on it were pretty meh in my opinion though and I haven't changed them yet since I'm waiting on pickups to come in that I'm putting in it. The stock 4th Dimension alnico pickups are cool but aren't really my thing and they do seem microphonic.

I really like the bridge system so far! Clean looking but completely functional. Isn't a pain to adjust or anything. Haven't noticed it hurting my hand either.
Thanks a lot for the info! So the bridge is probably some Chinese brandless thing, be it produced exclusively for them or not?

c7spheres

GuitArtist
Reaction score
Those necks look really nice! That body shape with the upper horn looks great for upper fret access. I gotta keep my eye on these for sure.

LeviathanKiller

Knee-shooting Archer
Reaction score
Thanks a lot for the info! So the bridge is probably some Chinese brandless thing, be it produced exclusively for them or not?
Yeah, probably. Brandless or a brand that no one here has heard of at least. lol
I'm curious if the hardware is upgradeable. I know some if not all Agiles aren't able to have their bridges swapped easy because they use a 3-screw mount instead of whatever Hipshot uses or something along those lines.

Xibuque

Reaction score
59334934_1490143541116314_2802818635721080832_n.jpg

Reaction score
any got contact details for this company like a phone number and address thanks

Reaction score

all there single string bridge and there new tremolo are all fake and they have stolen the idea witch has a patent from apollo music parts

Mathemagician

Reaction score
Instagram is getting updated more now but I haven’t seen a run instrument go out yet.

Latest posts

')