Thoughts on GOC Guitars?

Wolfhorsky

Regular idiot
Reaction score
Hey it looks to me like if it is the exact same bridge pieces as on the new Harley Benton headless prototype. Apparently finally there exists not-so-expensive headless hardware and maybe we can expect more headless instruments in an affordable price range now.
I have the same bridge in my NK. It is OK. It can have microtuning thumb screws. Some models have them while other just have plain hex screws.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Wolfhorsky

Regular idiot
Reaction score
I thought they were screws meant to lock the string in the tuner
If You try to lock them, the string will brake (will be cut off to be precise).
Here You can see this chrome thumb screw micro tuners:
2018-New-NK-Headless-guitar-Fanned-Fret-guitars-Blue-burst-Color-Quilted-Maple-top-Flame-maple.jpg_640x640.jpg

Marv Attaxx

Reaction score
It seems like all of the custom guitars got delivered and the new owners seem to be quite happy with it so far. Also I saw Andrew Banea posting a pick of his guitar being assembled, so I guess they moved onto the final assembly of the run-guitars, minus the pickups.

Reaction score
Hey it looks to me like if it is the exact same bridge pieces as on the new Harley Benton headless prototype. Apparently finally there exists not-so-expensive headless hardware and maybe we can expect more headless instruments in an affordable price range now.
No these Bridges are not the same Goc is using non licensed fake copy 's from apollo music parts

DickyTripleD

Reaction score
No these Bridges are not the same Goc is using non licensed fake copy 's from apollo music parts

They might be unlicensed copies, but they look real to me. Unless they got a killer photoshop guy.

ElysianGuitars

Reaction score
It seems like all of the custom guitars got delivered and the new owners seem to be quite happy with it so far. Also I saw Andrew Banea posting a pick of his guitar being assembled, so I guess they moved onto the final assembly of the run-guitars, minus the pickups.
Update for anyone waiting on a run guitar, I get back home from meeting with Michael in San Diego tonight, and the focus will be on GOC run orders, so I should have a batch shipped out this week, and more next week.

Thanks everyone for your patience.

AkiraSpectrum

Reaction score
I also made an unboxing video if anyone is interested in checking it out.

Looks good!

Odd that they didn't cut the string ends off, but not a big deal I guess.

How do you like it? How is it in comparison to your Strandberg?

I saw GOC sharing pics of the fretends and they were very rounded and looked quite good. How are yours?

Randy

✝✝✝
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Not a fan of the Chinese Strandy copy market in general but I gotta say... I REALLY like the lines on that thing.

Reaction score
Looks good!

Odd that they didn't cut the string ends off, but not a big deal I guess.

How do you like it? How is it in comparison to your Strandberg?

I saw GOC sharing pics of the fretends and they were very rounded and looked quite good. How are yours?
It really takes less than 10 seconds to cut them, no big deal. Apparently, it helps to not get stabbed for them putting the guitar in and customs/ clients when they take the guitar out as you'd need to reach for the neck/ headpiece first.

I really like the GOC. Not sure how I'd compare them to each other, GOC's neck feels very Ibanez like, maybe just a little thicker. I like to use the analogy that the Strandberg feels like a state of the art aircraft since it's so light with the excessive chambering in the swamp ash, while the GOC just feels like a military grade battle armored tank.

The fretends on my guitar are also well rounded, to the same extent as those pictures. GOC's really put a lot of time and quality into it, there's no mistake about that!

DickyTripleD

Reaction score
Not a fan of the Chinese Strandy copy market in general but I gotta say... I REALLY like the lines on that thing.

I'll give this one a pass on the 'inspired by' chip. It seems what they're really going for is the midrange boutique market. I'll admit i'm biased though. I love my Valkyrie.

Crundles

Reaction score
So GOC have posted on their FB that the group run currently faces 2 options:

1. Wait for the Guitarmory pickups - the image states expected delays of up to 4 months
2. Get your guitar with their own pickups - get the guitar july-august, get a free gigbag, and get the Guitarmory set shipped to you directly by the manufacturer.

Taken directly from their Facebook:

66608569_1543669559097045_623405633906933760_n.png

ElysianGuitars

Reaction score
Just straight up going to say, I don't like this one bit. I'm working hard on the GOC pickups, and am ready to start shipping sets Monday, but with this, it's all up in the air now. This also puts the onus of install on the customer, and that can be pricey, and puts the individual pickup shipments on me, which shipping 80 orders to one place is a lot easier than shipping 80 orders to 80 people. The "cons" list is honestly a crock.

Latest posts

')