Thoughts on the Music Man Majesty?

• Thread starter Maniacal
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

decreebass

Business Secrets of the Pharoahs
Reaction score
This, unfortunately, is one of the biggest charades in life. Don't fall for it kids!

Agreed. I believe that people who say it believe it's true, but only because they have to convince themselves of it otherwise those razor blades in the toolbox might serve another purpose... Of course, not everyone has kids accidentally or too young or before they're ready, so my experience/observation isn't universally applicable.

ANYWAY, back on topic: The balance of the guitar, I feel, is superb, but I always am either playing in classical position with my left foot on a guitar foot stool or standing up with a nice leather strap that holds the guitar way up by my chin like a jazz geek.

I'm afraid I can't comment on the shovel thing. While it doesn't bug me, I totally see it - especially since I'm in the army - it's very E-tool looking:

30-00075.jpg

JPM6GF_990x660.jpg

lol

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

dav2321

Reaction score
I have the 7 black. I really didnt like the look when I first saw it but I still wanted to try one since it had a combo of things I like (wood combo,piezo,ss frets, great access,ect) as well as things I didnt have (non locking trem,piezo).

I'm real happy with the cleans-sound great, i'm pretty happy with the crunch also. Very comfy to play,lightweight. I've always had a hard time keeping non-locking trems in tune but this one has really suprised me-works very well. I plan on keeping it. Build and finish are great. My other 7s for reference are a TA and Suhr.

Straighteight2003

Reaction score
Hmm, many things said now, some I'd agree with, some I don't. But just imagine: I had a very nice to play PRS 408 MT Trem as second guitar on a gig and I . . . . havent't used it once. Just played the whole evening with the Majesty. Comfy feel, great sounds, nice crisp or powerful and have I mentioned: so easy access to all of the frets. I'd give it a try, if either you like the looks or looks doesn't matter that much to you.

Maniacal

Reaction score
Decided to go for a custom Waghorn in the end. Will have a massive cutaway so I'm happy.

oremus91

Melodeth-er
Reaction score
Granted I haven't played it but the shape and carbon fiber thing are both pretty tacky in my eyes so I couldn't ever see myself owning one. Form follows function surely, but there is a limit. Especially when many of us lust for guitars first by seeing them and then by playing.

Cloudy

Pacific Wood Lab
Reaction score
Unfortunately I haven't been able to give the Majesty a whirl yet but I've started to like the aesthetics of the guitar. Initially I thought it was ugly as all hell but the Crimson Red model is really growing on me for unknown reasons.

I've never been a fan of how JPs play so its good to hear they're pretty different.

Reaction score
Does anyone have any info on the digital toggle switches that don't make noise when used? Is that a MM exclusive or can you buy something like that aftermarket?

I love toggles for switching, but we all know how they can wear out and make noise. You can bend the blades back with a switchcraft toggle, but the import closed style, although they seem more stable at first, can not be maintained in any way.

jbailes

Reaction score
Has anyone noticed the extreme similarity in body shape between the majesty and LTD's new horizon III guitars?

jbailes

Reaction score
Does anyone have any info on the digital toggle switches that don't make noise when used? Is that a MM exclusive or can you buy something like that aftermarket?

I love toggles for switching, but we all know how they can wear out and make noise. You can bend the blades back with a switchcraft toggle, but the import closed style, although they seem more stable at first, can not be maintained in any way.

I's my understanding that Music Man uses the gamechanger technology in the majesty guitars for the switches to be both silent and instantaneous. If you take off the back cover, it looks like a mother board.

edsped

Reaction score
I see you've decided to go custom, but I still wanted to mention that the Chris Broderick signature Jackson has insane upper fret access. It's like the Majesty in that playing on frets 21-24 is just as comfortable as frets 12-15, thanks to the deep horn cutaways, neck-thru construction, and a deeply sculpted neck heel. I didn't expect much just from looking at it but it really blew me away in that regard. It also has nice big SS frets and the pickup selector is in a similar position as the Majesty and other Petrucci sigs which I love. Otherwise they're pretty different, plus it's more expensive.

TheShreddinHand

Uber Stringer
Reaction score
Sorry to bump this thread but didn't want to start a new one. For those who've owned a Majesty and the figured Alder or Anniversary BFRs, does either guitar have better/worse tuning stability (particularly because the Majesty has the angled headstock)? And what about the slightly redesigned trem of the Majesty? Does it perform any differently from the older version? Thanks!!

dragonbiscuit

G.A.S. Therapist
Reaction score
Sorry to bump this thread but didn't want to start a new one. For those who've owned a Majesty and the figured Alder or Anniversary BFRs, does either guitar have better/worse tuning stability (particularly because the Majesty has the angled headstock)? And what about the slightly redesigned trem of the Majesty? Does it perform any differently from the older version? Thanks!!

I don't notice any difference in tuning stability between my Majoesty and JP6. The trems are also quite similar in feel/performance.

UltraParanoia

Reaction score
The 7 version is $5,000 in Australia :squint:
I would actually get 1 if it was at least half the price

Cheap SOB :lol:

MAJ Meadows SF

on a tone quest
Reaction score
from your front yard, staring into your window
Jammed on one here in Raleigh. 6 string. It wasn't bad. I prefer the JP6/7/BFR, but it was fast, smooth, pickups are ok. I can't get past the shovel/E-Tool look, and overall it does look cheap at a glance. After handling it I can tell it's of good quality. But hey, it's a signature, as Petrucci wanted. Everything on it electronically worked perfectly and it is a versatile guitar.

Jonathan20022

Engineer
Reaction score
Biting the bullet on a White one very soon. GAS got to me and I had an excellent time playing the two I did at Guitar Center.

')