Thoughts on these extensions cabs for the Iconic 5150 15w

• Thread starter Stiman
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Stiman

Reaction score
So, while I'm waiting for a replacement, I was doing a bit more research, and I found out that the 30w anniversary speaker is made in China, while the G12H-EVH that I currently have in this cab is made In England. Now I'm thinking that maybe I should stick with this England made speaker instead.

@amptweaker do you have any thoughts or insights? I would love to hear what you think.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

youngthrasher9

Ur Mom Is Too Much Gain
Reaction score
So, while I'm waiting for a replacement, I was doing a bit more research, and I found out that the 30w anniversary speaker is made in China, while the G12H-EVH that I currently have in this cab is made In England. Now I'm thinking that maybe I should stick with this England made speaker instead.

@amptweaker do you have any thoughts or insights? I would love to hear what you think.
FWIW, many tests have confirmed that celestion is celestion no matter the country of manufacture. For certain speakers the era of production can matter but given that these two are like to have been produced around the same era, it’s gonna come down to what specific speaker you actually prefer. People love the EVH greenback you have there. I haven’t tried it personally, but it always sounds awesome in clips.

Last edited:

Stiman

Reaction score
FWIW, many tests have confirmed that celestion is celestion no matter the country of manufacture. For certain speakers the era of production can matter but given that these two are like to have been produced around the same era, it’s gonna come down to what specific speaker you actually prefer. People love the EVH greenback you have there. I haven’t tried it personally, but it always sounds awesome in clips.

I haven't found many clips of this specific speaker I have. You're probably thinking of the G12-EVH, not the G12H-EVH. They look different, and one is 20w and the other is 25w.

The G12-EVH is in a bunch of comparison videos, including a big one from Zilla cabs where they compare it to a bunch of Grenback variants.

Edit:

T5600G12-EVHCeramic15 Ohm20 watt, G12M
T6364G12H-EVHCeramic16 Ohm53H1777 cone

Last edited:
')