Thrashing to some Djent - New mix + Melakartha song (7String, HT-5, LudwigBB Snare)

• Thread starter Radius_Vector
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Radius_Vector

Melakarthan
Reaction score
Got around to finishing this track in a moment of inspiration. I thought the guitars came out great from just plugging straight into the HT-5 with no fuss in between. I impulse'd it with Guitar Hacks, and then some PSP Vintagewarmer :hbang: It turned out to sound a lot like big bottom, with the note definition and amp response of a real amp and minus the hiss of the POD. I'm in lurve !

Feedback much appreciated!

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4758792/Melakartha/Dreamcake.mp3

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

anthonyferguson

Reaction score
Awweesome effort man! Really great song. I usually can't write anything that lasts longer than 2 minutes! Everything seems to flow really well, so nice work. The mix is great too!

Key_Maker

9V inside
Reaction score
Awesome track, i'm diggin the tone and the song is just get better on the way.

Thanks for share this!

Reaction score
I really like the flow of the song. The ambient section was one of the best parts for me. If this was my mix i would have built up that section starting with a drawn out crescendo <... But thats me just trying to scrape some constructive criticism up for a great song. The note choices are out there to. I like it.
:yesway:

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

SoundClick artist: EngineofAries - page with MP3 music downloads

Prime

Crazy Robot Guy
Reaction score
You got me at HT-5....I've been considering the same thing for a while

Nicely done!!! I liked it!

Vaughanabe13

Reaction score
I agree about the ambient section - that was definitely my favorite part. Man that guitar sounds fantastic!

Triple7

The Decepticon
Reaction score
I would have to agree with everything that was said. Your guitar tone is awesome, the song flows really nicely, and that ambient section is awesome. Any plans for vocals in the future or are you strictly instrumental?

iceythe

SS.org Irregular
Reaction score
Great track! I have also fallen in love with the Black Beauty snare. Avatar has some really great samples that doesn't require massive post-eq like MF does.

Radius_Vector

Melakarthan
Reaction score
Awesome track, i'm diggin the tone and the song is just get better on the way.

Thanks for share this!

Thanks mang :]

I really like the flow of the song. The ambient section was one of the best parts for me. If this was my mix i would have built up that section starting with a drawn out crescendo <... But thats me just trying to scrape some constructive criticism up for a great song. The note choices are out there to. I like it.
:yesway:

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

SoundClick artist: EngineofAries - page with MP3 music downloads

Cheers dude. A full out crescendo isn't a bad idea :)

You got me at HT-5....I've been considering the same thing for a while

Nicely done!!! I liked it!

Go for it dude. It'll keep you happy until you can get your hands on an Axe-Fx [That's the consensus]

ATRguitar91

Reaction score
Sounds wonderful dude. The ambient part is simply ridiculous. I also love how fat that snare sounds.

ToniS

Chool Whhhip
Reaction score
OMG that HT-5 sounds amazing!! Nice job dude, really liking the song/mix! How did you master this btw?

Radius_Vector

Melakarthan
Reaction score
I agree about the ambient section - that was definitely my favorite part. Man that guitar sounds fantastic!

Thanks Brennan.

I would have to agree with everything that was said. Your guitar tone is awesome, the song flows really nicely, and that ambient section is awesome. Any plans for vocals in the future or are you strictly instrumental?

Thanks dude. Would love to have vocals on Melakartha tracks, just havent been able to find a vocalist. Maybe I'll find one here on SS.org!

Great track! I have also fallen in love with the Black Beauty snare. Avatar has some really great samples that doesn't require massive post-eq like MF does.

Indeed! Sometimes, I like the customizability that MF offers but Avatar has its charm of simple plug and play.

durangokid

derka derka!!
Reaction score
one word...AWESOME!

really dude, great tone, great writing skills and great mixing skills, i wish i could mix like you guys, i just suck! damn...

tr0n

djent n00b
Reaction score
Just thought I'd chime in and say I really dig your productions, you've got the right engineering style mindset that I feel really makes the difference.

I like your articles on your blog. I'm considering writing some technically orientated articles about compression and gating myself. May I ask what you were using to create those waveform images? (e.g this: http://www.sridharsmusic.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/uncompressed.png)

Radius_Vector

Melakarthan
Reaction score
Apologies for the late reply dudes. No internet at home for the past coupl'a days :\

OMG that HT-5 sounds amazing!! Nice job dude, really liking the song/mix! How did you master this btw?

Thanks broski. It was a C4 and an L2, with an EQ in between that. These were the main mastering plugs.

one word...AWESOME!

really dude, great tone, great writing skills and great mixing skills, i wish i could mix like you guys, i just suck! damn...

Thanks man.

Just thought I'd chime in and say I really dig your productions, you've got the right engineering style mindset that I feel really makes the difference.

I like your articles on your blog. I'm considering writing some technically orientated articles about compression and gating myself. May I ask what you were using to create those waveform images? (e.g this: http://www.sridharsmusic.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/uncompressed.png)

Thank you tr0n. It will be good to read what you have in store for us. The images were simply screenshots from Adobe Audition.

Sounds absolutely fantastic, man. I wholeheartedly agree on the clean section. Wicked stuff.

Thank you Fred!

Cygnus

Hyperspace Traveller
Reaction score
Ah Hell Yeah!
I love the ebb and flow of the track. It builds, recedes, builds!
Badass!

')