Threat Signal...

• Thread starter Jysan
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

skinhead

Manager / RHLC ©
Reaction score
First off, me personally, I HATE Linkin Park. Ugh. Words can't describe it.

Man maybe you'r my father, or my brother :eek:

:lol:

I just like One step closer, because i was so stupid and lame on that times, but i now see that it's not that good as i thought some time ago.

Rick

ALL HAIL DJOD
Forum MVP
Reaction score
VEGETATHEPUPPET, you that is a C.O.W. / Fear Factory fan, did you know that Threat Signal debut album was produced by C.O.W.?

And did the new Mnemic album and will be doing the new Bleed The Sky album?

When I saw TS, he was using an ESP, I thought.

Roundhouse_Kick

Reaction score
Hmm never heard these guys before, I checked out that youtube video, I agree with what most people said, riffs and verse vocals - pretty cool, chorus rubbish! It didn't seem to go with the rest of the song, and he doesn't really have the best singing voice :lol: Riffs were pretty badass though

pyroglyphix

Mostly harmless.
Reaction score
Why does everyone rip so hard on Linkin Park? I have a lot of respect for them, even if I don't own any of their CDs. I remember them from when they were called Hybrid Theory, and Napster was the only way to get their tracks.

I've heard everything they've done, and none of it sucks. They did something original in a time when every other band was trying to be Korn. Regardless of what MTV and the media did with them afterwards. That's unavoidable for any band they get ahold of...MTV made them out to be some sort of boy band, while in reality they're just 6 dudes who like to rock together. I mean, it's not like they do syncronized dance routines on stage...

As for Threat Signal, I think this band has a TON of potential, but it's clear to me that there's some sort of label influence on this album, and I think it suffers a bit for that. It's pretty obvious that the singer has an effect on his voice to make it sound heavier, but yes, it just makes him sound like Chester Bennington. It will be interesting to see what this band turns into when they have a year of touring under their belt and the vocalist's other testicle descends.

kung_fu

Vulcan Lute God
Reaction score
WTF is that chorus all about.
it sounds like a pussy comes in to sing the chorus.
Now he actually has a good clean voice but it just doesn't go between verses sung the way he's singing them.

:lol:
That was my first reaction when my friend showed me these guys a few months ago. A few riffs caught my ear as being pretty decent but overall i can't say i think much of these guys from what i've heard.

ScareRaven

The Golden Raven
Reaction score
Personally, the first time I heard these guys, I really enjoying hearing all of the versatility they had in their guitar and vocal work. The vocals remind me of Bjorn Strid's melodies, from Soilwork. And not to mention the bass and drums... It's all very well-put-together. A good group of five guys just trying to find their groove in melodic metal.. (And pulling off some really good material, nonetheless!) That's how I see it.

Reaction score
Saw 'em live twice when they came through with Soilwork. Good stuff, although the singer's hardcoreish vocals get kinda old. His scream is pretty damn loud, though, and very cutting. I have their CD, too, which rules although a lot of the songs begin to sound alike until you get down to Counterbalance. If only they used 7's...

playstopause

Contributor
Reaction score
... he doesn't really have the best singing voice :lol: Riffs were pretty badass though

Well, for me, that's what i pay attention to : the badass riffs. And there's plenty of them on the record (the whole rythm sections owns imo). People keep complaining about how the vocals are like this and like that, but i mean, really, who gives a flying fuck? If i was to really paying attention to the vocals, i would never have listened to Dream Theater. :fawk:

Why does everyone rip so hard on Linkin Park?
(...) As for Threat Signal, I think this band has a TON of potential (...) It will be interesting to see what this band turns into when they have a year of touring under their belt (...)

1- because people here love to rip down stuff they don't like.
2- :agreed: they have a lot of potential. I mean, it's their first album and the guys are still quite young, no? Give them a chance for christ sake.

:2c:

The Dark Wolf

Contributor
Reaction score
but i mean, really, who gives a flying fuck?
I give a flying fuck. Vocals are important to me. For the millionth time, I like his heavy vocals, I PERSONALLY dislike his singing on the choruses.

1- because people here love to rip down stuff they don't like.
This is a fucked up statement, IMO. We're not allowed to have an opinion? And having a legitimate criticism is now equated with "ripping" a band down, or "not liking them"? Dude, what the hell? That's preposterous.

I can't speak for everyone, but I've made myself clear on this point, and I'm one of the ones who doesn't like this band's singing. Please refrain from such blanekt judgements. If you think everyone here is so judgemental, then why post? I value everyone's opinion, myself.

playstopause

Contributor
Reaction score
I give a flying fuck. Vocals are important to me. For the millionth time, I like his heavy vocals, I PERSONALLY dislike his singing on the choruses.

This is a fucked up statement, IMO. We're not allowed to have an opinion? And having a legitimate criticism is now equated with "ripping" a band down, or "not liking them"? Dude, what the hell? That's preposterous.

I can't speak for everyone, but I've made myself clear on this point, and I'm one of the ones who doesn't like this band's singing. Please refrain from such blanekt judgements. If you think everyone here is so judgemental, then why post? I value everyone's opinion, myself.

So ok, you give a fuck, That's fine by me.
Though you don't have to repeat for the millionth time what you think about the vocals since you clearly expressed what you think about it in previous posts. Can i discuss this with others now?

I don't see in what way i've expressed "a fucked up statement".
You answer this as if i adressed to you personnaly, wich wasn't the case.
Honestly, i'm sorry but i don't get it.

I'm sorry but people in general don't express their opinions with such judgment. They say "that sucks" and that's it. It doesn't get nowhere. And i've noticed there's a lot of that goin' on. What's wrong with that? Have i said it's a shitty place because of this? Come on, don't put other meanings on my words.

As far as opinions goes and not being able to express them in a constructive way, clearly, that's not your case. I don't see why you stick on my case + qualify what i write with very negative comments since i wasn't replying to anything you said.

It feels like your defending something i don't get and i don't see where it leads to. As if you are correct and others (me) are wrong because you don't read what you would like to read.

Have i stopped anyone from expressing their opinions? No.
Am i expressing mine as well? Yes.
So what's the problem? People that agree with you are ok while the others need to be answered with labels being put on top of them?
I'm really wondering who's being judgemental here...

No offense.

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score
Well this is the first time I've ever heard of this band and I guess since I like Killswitch and Trivium and LP it's fitting that I like these guys too. I will say, however, that the chorus on "Rational Eyes" sounds kinda weak to my ears. His screaming/verse parts are killer as I'm not one for death metal-style vocals but it almost seems like they cut the volume in half on his singing parts thus kinda taking it down a notch IMHO. If you look at Killswitch Engage, Howard's screams are fucking badass AND his singing voice is crazy powerful!!! Watch the material from the live dvd Set This World Ablaze and see what I mean! Even though he's singing his voice still hits you in the chest. This guy has the screaming down and has a nice style/timbre to his voice, he just needs a little work in the singing department. As for the music itself, I think they are pretty sweet. Thanks for discussing them guys, I'm going to go pick up their cd this week too! I'm learning about a bunch of pretty cool bands/guitarists on here that I've never heard of before, so thanks again! :hbang: Always good to expand your musical pallete, eh? :metal:

The Dark Wolf

Contributor
Reaction score
That's rich. You dump on most everyone here, and I'm to blame. :rolleyes:

You say say, "people here", well guess what? That's me, too. People here don't "like to rip down stuff" they don't like. They point out possible flaws, pros/cons, stylistic differences, and then discuss them rationally. You just put that whole silly sentiment, because a few of us not liking the singing for this particular band, on all of ss.org, basically.

Whatever, dude. Just keep your blanket generalizations to yourself. Not everyone is against this band, but many of us have legitimate fucking criticisms. ENuff said. Let's not turn this into a stupid debate. Back to Threat Signal.

:wavey:

playstopause

Contributor
Reaction score
That's rich. You dump on most everyone here, and I'm to blame. :rolleyes:

You say say, "people here", well guess what? That's me, too. People here don't "like to rip down stuff" they don't like. They point out possible flaws, pros/cons, stylistic differences, and then discuss them rationally. You just put that whole silly sentiment, because a few of us not liking the singing for this particular band, on all of ss.org, basically.

Whatever, dude. Just keep your blanket generalizations to yourself. Not everyone is against this band, but many of us have legitimate fucking criticisms.

What are you saying???
I'm not dumping on anyone in any way, sorry. Where does that come from? Jesus, read carefully.
I would never do this, especially on all of ss.org.
You are again putting meanings on top of my words. That sucks.

I'm not blaming anyone also. Jesus, why such misinterpretation of what i'm saying??? Sorry bro, but again, i just don't get it!

I'll just quit this conversation, since you clearly can't take a distance between what i write and the clear negative opinion you have of me. I'll just quit this conversation since it seems legitimate for you to bring me down and that your views are some kind of universal truth.

Clearly, we don't agree and we should put it to rest for the sake of others. Peace.

EDIT: the preceding argument has been settle in a very diplomatic/friendly way between the two parties. :)

')