Three more Carvins to thin the herd... CS4 ,DC400

Status
Not open for further replies.

mbardu

Reaction score
Hi all,
Selling three more to consolidate and reduce duplicates in my collection.
Asking for 850$ each - but shoot me an offer.

Not really looking for trades, unless you have a nice Koa Carvin lying around. Or would like 2 Carvins for a PRS or Suhr :). No amps or Ibanezs or Schecters etc...Thanks!

Gear/Guitar for Sale/Trade: Carvin DC400c
with floyd rose, all mahogany, 5A quilt top in red, reverse headstock, ebony and block inlays, obviously with the native electronics of the DC400 (on-off as push-pull on the volume for preamp with active bass and treble boost/cuts knobs)
Additional Accessories (hardshell case etc): Hardcase
Your Location (City,State or City,Country): California
International OK?: OK if you pay shipping
Contact Info (No Phone #s): PM me
References (eBay or other forum userid): quite a few good deals here + eBay references + carvin forums + TGP
Price (include currency and if firm/obo): 850 US$

Great guitar and excellent condition but for 1 or 2 cosmetic dings (one is a scratch at the top of the neck that is noticeable, but finish only/not structural - as confirmed by luthier - and can't be felt by hand while playing). I am not the original owner, but my impression is that the frets are stainless steel (they have zero wear and are VERY shiny). This is at least an 1800$ build today with the quilt and floyd.
Everything plays awesome and works perfect, except for the coil split that doesn't work on the bridge pickup. Probably a switch change needed. Everything else works perfectly though, including the neck split (the REALLY useful one :) ). Neck is perfect, fretboard is perfect, electronics are awesome etc

Iw0cy0p.jpg

Click HERE for full Gallery

---------------------------------
---------------------------------​

Gear/Guitar for Sale/Trade: Carvin DC400t
with original wilkinson trem (blocked in dive-only), standard alder/maple, 5A flame top with a ton of chatoyancy, obviously with the native electronics of the DC400 (on-off as push-pull on the volume for preamp with active bass and treble boost/cuts knobs)
References (eBay or other forum userid): quite a few good deals here + eBay references + carvin forums + TGP

Great guitar too and very similar condition than its floyded sister. Perhaps even better. Everything plays awesome and works perfect. Neck is perfect, fretboard is perfect, electronics are awesome - frets (nickel) haves more than 95% life left in them. Some of the nicest abalone I've seen on ANY guitar.

53Odfjh.jpg

Gear/Guitar for Sale/Trade: Carvin CS4 in Red

Awesome guitar, but an obvious duplicate for my CS6 and the future CS I'm planning with a custom finish. Perfect condition but for ONE scratch at the back. Frets are nickel, but almost 100%, while everything from the neck to the fretboard to the hardware to the electronics are like new.

J8FmkYM.jpg

Thank you all for checking those out!

Best,
Mat

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

mbardu

Reaction score
CS4 is Honduras Mahogany Back, Thick Maple top with translucent Red finish, Black ebony fretboard with mother of pearl block inlays, nickel medium jumbo frets (almost new), black hardware, abalone logo, as you can see - 4 controls (2 volumes/2 tones) and standard C22 pickups.

This is an awesome guitar, but a duplicate for my CS6.
I have not found a more comfortable singlecut (including PRS SC and ESP Eclipse), and in particular the neck heel (or lack thereof...) and high fret access are amazing.

mbardu

Reaction score
Quilted DC400 is sold; the two others are still there.
800 each.

Status
Not open for further replies.
')