Tight death metal tone??

• Thread starter _Irradiant_
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ChuckLee

R.I.P. Chuck
Reaction score
MAN this is outstanding :shred:
Both tone and riffing is great imo and you should keep going with it.
As a death metaller myself I definitely love it :hbang:

Scriff1985

Reaction score
The composition you have there is top notch dude, love it.

The tone, bit to fizzy for my tastes, sounds very digital. What setup are you using to record?

windu

Reaction score
sounds sick. really nice tone, but theres just a tad bit of excess fiz. other than that, dead on death metal tone brotha

Inazone

Reaction score
Well, the tone is good for modern metal - very aggressive and tight, with pretty good clarity - but not "huge and evil death metal tone" in the traditional sense. I agree with the other responses, that the distortion sounds a bit fizzy, so you should start by getting a less saturated distortion.

What are some bands with the type of tone you want?

Reaction score
Hey thanks for the responces!!! maybe a Low pass filter??? i don't know how to improve it...i'm like a super looser mixing...

Bouvre

Guitarist of The Faceless
Reaction score
:hbang::hbang::hbang::hbang::hbang::hbang:awesome stuff man!

My dream death metal tone is that of Mike Gilbert of Severed Savior on Servile Insurrection. His lead tones are the best i think i have heard hands down.

Infamous Impact

Reaction score
Great modern metal tone, though a bit fizzy like the others said. Although it's missing the evil death metal aspect of tone.

LetsMosey

friendly ginger
Reaction score
The composition you have there is top notch dude, love it.

The tone, bit to fizzy for my tastes, sounds very digital. What setup are you using to record?

+1!

Love the song and riffing, super tight playing, but that fizzz omg. :lol: What did you use to record it? Is this just a POD? Ampism? Or did you mic a cab? I'm guessing by the fizzyness that it's a POD plugged directly into your interface.

Reaction score
well...this was recorded whit a shecter c7 hellraiser with a dimarzio evolution in the bridge thru a pod x3...my pod toness always sounds fizzy...maybe my guitar is bad or something...im a total fail mixing and for some reason i keep dialing fizzy tones...maybe its the pod...i dont know...

Iheartmidgetbooty

Recording Studio Idiot
Reaction score
Dude, you should DEFINATELY put a carnal solo at the end there during that breakdown section. I imagined there would be one in there and got super sad. :(

I love this and you need to make more - or I'll eat you...Yeah, I'll fuckin' eat you dude. :squint:

As for tone, it could be improved but it's already so great. I couldn't tell you what's wrong with it, but you could try experimenting with more low-end? It would possibly clash with your presence but it may be a good thing, who knows.

Great metulz! :bowdown:

Krucifixtion

Duncan Hills
Reaction score
Tone is pretty decent. If you tighten up the bass a bit more, add a little more mid boost, and kill off the real high frequencies that make the Pod's sound a bit fizzy it will be pretty awesome. Just do a little Post EQ work. If you are not already doing so, def add an overdrive into the Pod's signal chain.

Goatchrist

Reaction score
Wow! Great riffs dude! Really really dig it!
I also like the tone, yeah it sounds a bit digital, but it's fucking tight!

Keep up the good work!

Latest posts

')