Tim Lambesis arrested for trying to hire someone to kill his wife....

• Thread starter MikeH
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

JPhoenix19

Playing life by ear
Reaction score
Wow, dude made $233,000? This makes me rethink just how much I believe people in world-famous bands when they say they don't make much.

That's gross income, not net. No telling how much of that income was actual 'take-home' pay.

protest

Reaction score
My wife likes these real life murder story shows. I was watching one with her, and this lady paid a "hitman" $2,000 to kill her husband. He was an undercover cop and she got locked up. I thought man, only 2k to kill somebody? That's a lot of work for 2 grand. Now I find out she was getting ripped off, she could have got a half off discount lol.

abandonist

Banned
Reaction score
Yeah, it's half and half with expenses (travel, gear, etc) paid up front. Exponentially more if the person has any kind of public profile.

I used to work in extremely fancy S Beach strip clubs. My uncle was a drug runner. I know people.

flint757

Reaction score
Or they just have no one to fill in. He's the singer, not the easiest position to fill.

The Reverend

GHETTO KING OF SWAG
Reaction score
That's gross income, not net. No telling how much of that income was actual 'take-home' pay.

You aren't the first person to point that out. It's not like they're being taxed eighty percent and barely making it, though. They more than likely lose about a third of that, leaving them with what, 170K? That's comfy living by most standards, and extravagant by the standards of most everyone else who's main source of income is metal.

SoItGoesRVA

Do You Even Riff?
Reaction score
Or they just have no one to fill in. He's the singer, not the easiest position to fill.

Fair enough. Would have loved for them to have gotten Howard Jones (because that wouldn't be awkward on this tour :lol:) However, Darkest Hour is replacing them, so the tour lineup just improved 100%

Ralyks

The One Who Knocks
Contributor
Reaction score
So apparently, they lowered the bail to $2 million, and they're claiming steroids muddled his thought process.

Anyone with legal knowledge able to weigh in?

Hyacinth

Ghostmaker
Reaction score

Is that yearly? Because that's still a fucking shitload for being in a band and basically having the time of your life touring the country.

Hyacinth

Ghostmaker
Reaction score
So apparently, they lowered the bail to $2 million, and they're claiming steroids muddled his thought process.

Anyone with legal knowledge able to weigh in?

I doubt that'll hold up. He can't claim temporary insanity because it was a premeditated murder plot. If he just picked up and lamp and caved her skull in, then the whole steroid thing might fly because he didn't plan anything, he just did it.

SomeGuy97

Reaction score
Laughing my balls off at this whole thing now. Sounds like they know he's fucked and this is the only potential straw they can grasp for in hopes of a reduced sentence. I don't believe for a second he used steroids. His wife would have made it very clear by this point had he used them in the past (and they've only been separated what like a year?) as she clearly wasn't holding anything back in her previous statements. I would like to see proof of this. There are so many things wrong with what they're saying.
And you don't see "withdrawl" of steroid use like it's heroin or meth or alcohol. LOL this is just...so sad, depraved, and pathetic. Hoping he gets the max sentence for being a shit-head and trying to excuse his way out of it. Nobody wants to take responsibility for their actions anymore.

Zer01

Reaction score
Steroids are to blame.

So who do we blame for the steroids? Oh, right.

Breakdown

Reaction score
Fair enough. Would have loved for them to have gotten Howard Jones (because that wouldn't be awkward on this tour :lol:) However, Darkest Hour is replacing them, so the tour lineup just improved 100%
Meh, im more stoked that they added The word alive, not really a fan of Darkest hour . I was really looking forward to seeing AILD on this tour but then Timmy had to go ahead and be a dick :noplease:.

Edit:Wow, guess I was right about him using roids, although whether they contributed to his behavior and thought process is certainly questionable. Although even if they did contribute to the actions he took against his wife, it still wouldn't excuse him. Kind of like how being drunk isn't an excuse for committing a crime.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Wait... First they claimed he was set up, now they're saying it was roid rage?

This doesn't look good.

')