Time for new strings!

• Thread starter MGasparotto
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MGasparotto

Breaker of G strings
Reaction score
^

I started playing lot's of danza and animals as leaders stuff recently and I've found my .74 to be too floppy at E. I got a intrepid 28.625 scale. More specifically I find that when I'm muting the E and B strings together I just get way too much floppyness out of it and it makes it sound awful especially when playing it fast.

Where do you guys order your string/string sets from online? I looked around the D'Addario site and couldn't find much about 8 string sets. I hear good things about elixers too... I was thinking .80 would be good but people say it takes the djentyness out.

I'm just really looking for recommendations on what's a good gauge to get whether it be a set or just the Gb string and a good trusted place to buy them online.

Thanks guys~

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Solodini

MORE RESTS!
Reaction score
I use the D'Addario set for Jerry Jones Bass VI on mine but I play with a 12 for my first string. Also, all 6 in the set are wound.

')