Time signature of part

• Thread starter JStraitiff
  • Start date
  • Tags
    time
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

JStraitiff

Melodic Mamma Jamma
Reaction score
I am trying to record a song and in a certain part my metronome isnt lining up. I think the time signature is changing for it but im not very good with that. Could someone please listen to this and tell me the time signature? Im pretty sure the first two measures are 4/4 but then i think it changes for the 3rd.

time.mp3

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

JStraitiff

Melodic Mamma Jamma
Reaction score
When i count it out on that recording its 4/4 all the way through. When i go to track it i keep losing my time lol. Probably just me.

mm66554

Reaction score
It's all in 4/4. Not sure why you hear the 3rd measure as different in terms of timing. Are you using dotted notes on some of the chords? Dotted notes increase the note lengths by 50%, you'll almost certainly have to use them in all compositions.

Mr. Big Noodles

Theory God
Reaction score
Yep, 4 indeed. I hear it as two measures, though (quarter = 80). What might be throwing you off is the dotted rhythm in the second measure, particularly since the same melodic tone hits the first sixteenth note in beat 3 before resolving.
rhythm.jpg