Tips on POD HD death metal settings?

• Thread starter Kali Yuga
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Kali Yuga

Reaction score
I've been trying to get a solid rhythm tone for death metal (brutal/slam sort of shit), currently running the Fireball and Rectifier modelers in stereo, but no matter what I do I can't seem to dial out this odd honking noise that is noticeable when you first strike a chord/note. It's driving me absolutely insane and I've done everything I can, but this is the first modeler or Line 6 product I've ever owned, so I figure someone out there with more experience will understand the honk I'm talking about and how to remedy it.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

krsp

Reaction score
I normally EQ two times, once before the amp and then again after the amp. I got a nice sound out of other things I have used before, so now I am adjusting the same ideas to the HD500 I got just a short while ago. I haven't played a lot with it, but at first LISTEN, the stereo thing wasn't working out so great for me, once I nail down "my" sound I'll try again.

I attached my default tone (it's for HD500, I think that is what you have since you mentioned two amps mixed) that I'm working on, no idea if this will work, here it goes!

Attachments

• Default Dist.zip
    919 bytes · Views: 31
')