Tis a sad day......

• Thread starter Nick1
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score
I can say I truly feel for you Nick. I have Crohn's Disease/Ulcerative Colitis so I know EXACTLY what you're talking about man-o! :scream: I was told to stop all the same things they told you but it still didn't do much. I ended up in the hospital for 5 days EACH time, TWICE in the past 5 years! :wallbash: I went from 155 lbs healthy down to 130 lbs sickly (looked like death took a swing at me and connected, eyes all sunken in and skin clinging to the bone...) so it could be worse. I'm on immuno-suppresant and anti-inflammatory meds, so basically it's trying to keep my immune system from killing my own body! :squint: I also had to sit through 3-hour long Remicade and potassium infusions, that wasn't fun either. Pretty lame but you'll get through it. I'm a big fatty now (I was put on Prednisone [steroid, non-anabolic] for like 2-3 years straight...) but I can eat closer to normal and I REALLY enjoy my caffeine. Hell, I bought myself an espresso machine (a fucking KILLER one too, Starbucks DeLonghi Magnifica... totally automated Barista espresso machine and with my buddy's christmas discount at starbucks I got a $1,200 machine for $600! WOOT!) and am enjoying the hell out of it with anywhere from 2-4 shots of espresso daily in my homemade iced nonfat sugar-free vanilla caramel macchiatos! Yeah, I used to work as a supervisor at Starbucks which didn't help my illness at all, but I'm pretty addicted to espresso/caffeine now! :lol: Long story short, listen to your doctor and it will get better bro. Good luck Nick! :hbang:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score
Hollyshit! Do you know how much grams of sugar that makes?
answer : way too much for your body

Matt's Answer to that one: Drink Nonfat Sugar-free vanilla caramel macchiatos instead! The only sugar in that drink is from the caramel (if only they could make a sugar-free caramel, and not make it taste like ass) and I LOOOOOVE it! MMM! I'm going to have to make myself a second one when I get home.... espresso beverages (especially iced) are delicious! :drool:

playstopause

Contributor
Reaction score
Matt's Answer to that one: Drink Nonfat Sugar-free vanilla caramel macchiatos instead! The only sugar in that drink is from the caramel (if only they could make a sugar-free caramel, and not make it taste like ass) and I LOOOOOVE it! MMM! I'm going to have to make myself a second one when I get home.... espresso beverages (especially iced) are delicious! :drool:

There's about 9 tablespoon of sugar per Coke can.
F*ckin 9 !!!!

Look at this interesting chart :

http://biology.clc.uc.edu/scripts/popreslt.pl

"Amount of Sugar in Various Kinds of Soft Drinks" :)

Shawn

ESP • Ibanez
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Nick, that sucks. I drink like ten cokes a day. Sorry to hear about it

:eek: Ten Cokes? Wow. I think I drink a glass of soda a few times a week and even that im finding is unhealthy. I now drink soda probably once or twice a month. I much prefer iced tea, water, juice or milk. :yesway:

Off topic: Jason, what happened to your rep points?

Aaron

Reaction score
wow, cant drink! simple get high, a little THC never did no bad to anybody

Jason

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Of course there is.
Substitutes from white refined sugar still are a form of sugar.

:spock: but they don't show them as sugar in the nutrional content..

Off topic: Jason, what happened to your rep points?

I shut em off just to show I truely don't care what people think about me..People say "oh I don't care about rep points" Well I'm showing that I really don't and actually showing that ;)

Naren

OldschoolGhettostyle
Reaction score
:eek: Ten Cokes? Wow. I think I drink a glass of soda a few times a week and even that im finding is unhealthy. I now drink soda probably once or twice a month. I much prefer iced tea, water, juice or milk. :yesway:

:agreed: I drink soda maybe once a month and, even then, I feel like I shouldn't. It's just so damn unhealthy.

Nick1

Reaction score
I got the big OK for Caffeine!!!!!!! :hbang: :hbang: :hbang: :hbang: :hbang:

Its not a factor in my condition!

Im gonna get so damn wired today!!!!!!!

Beavis-Butthead---Cornholio-Magnet-C11750969.jpeg

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score
DON'T DO IT!!! You can get hooked on that caramel/vanilla/espresso deliciousness that is the iced nonfat sugar-free vanilla (keeping trim!) caramel macchiato quite easily! Dude when I was a supervisor at a starbucks in college I was all hopped up on teh caffeine because my drinks were free. I'd stop in before class, after school and then drink more when I was at work! :hbang: <---- See how fast the headbanging smiley moves? I was the inspiration for the level at which he moves! :lol: Seriously though, hands down my FAVORITE beverage ever.... even above beer! :eek: *ducks and runs for cover* :ugh: CARAMEL MACCHIATO FTW!!! :)

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score
LOL nope, not anymore! :yesway: This baby is what helps me get through the day now! Behold, the Magnifica:

Matts_Magnifica.jpg

T3h Ub3r Pwn4g3 of c0ff33!!! :hbang: :hbang: :hbang: ESPRESSO FTW!!! :bowdown:

')