Tis a sad day......

• Thread starter Nick1
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Nick1

Reaction score
So Id been having lots of tummy aches latley and I got Scoped last week and the Doc says I have some sort of version of Diverticulitis on top of IBS and being Lactose Intolorant that I already knew of. And the Doc said that the following most likely WILL cause a Massive ulcer in my tummy if I consume them.....

1. Spicy Foods
2. Lots of Caffeine
3. Alcohol
4. Dairy

There are more but those are the top things. So yea no beer what-so-ever!!!!!! So its nothing but water for me!

This sucks! I can deal with the beer thing (well not happily deal with it) But the spicy foods and caffeine are what really piss me off!!! :mad:

This condition might be permanant. Im not happy. :noplease:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Naren

OldschoolGhettostyle
Reaction score
Wow, that really really really sucks. I love drinking, but I could live without beer. No spicy food? That's just sad... :( Spicy food = my life

Shawn

ESP • Ibanez
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Sorry to hear this, Nick. I don't think I could ever live without Coffee, maybe beer as I don't drink that much. I drink a glass of milk just about every other day and like cheese too. Spicy foods are great but not all the time. I love Jalapeno peppers.

Water is great however. I drink alot of that. :yesway:

The Dark Wolf

Contributor
Reaction score
Ugh. Been there. Wait till you get hit with gall bladder problems. WORST PAIN ever.

Avoid that shit. Moderation is key. Increase your fiber intake, too, and avoid lactose and/or fatty, rich foods. It helps alot, I find. :yesway:

Alpo

Contributor
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that.

The caffeine I could live without. No dairy would be torture for me, I drink about a liter of milk a day, and I LOVE cheese.

XEN

BEYOND 6UITAR & B4SS
Contributor
Reaction score
Dude, have your doctor run a Celiac panel. One in 133 people has the disease. If it is the case then all you have to do is avoid anything with gluten in it. IBS and Lactose Intolerance are just a couple of things that can develop as a result of gluten intolerance. Yeah, whether you have it or not, no beer. :noway:

I never started drinking so it's no loss to me, but I can understand where others might find it damn tragic!

playstopause

Contributor
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that.

I have kind of the same problem.
I have frequent heartburns (hell, i wake up with them) and indigestion problems too. I should avoid all of the same stuff as you do (wich i'm having a really hard time to do, especially beer wise. No problem with avoiding spicy food though + i hate milk).
I got scoped last month and they could not find anything. :scratch:
I was on antibiotics for 15 days and the day after i finished them, everything just came back. I'm trying to take care but... i'm a bit lazy. I really should make an effort, just because i don't want to pay the price later.

It sucks but... Keep it up :)

Rick

ALL HAIL DJOD
Forum MVP
Reaction score
That's terrible. I love spicy foods and milk.

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Wow, that really really really sucks. I love drinking, but I could live without beer. No spicy food? That's just sad... :( Spicy food = my life

Ditto here. My roommates have told me I'm not allowed to buy any more types of hot sauce until I finish the ones I already have. :(

DelfinoPie

Whoopsie Daisy!
Contributor
Reaction score
Ditto here. My roommates have told me I'm not allowed to buy any more types of hot sauce until I finish the ones I already have. :(

Kill joys!...in my house in stafford we must have 5+ bottles of BBQ sauce, all SLIGHTLY different and all of them in use lol.

Anyway, on topic: man I'm sorry to hear about this it sounds like a right-royal kick in the tits. But with time its something you'll probably get used to and won't even notice anymore.

Jason

Forum MVP
Reaction score
I could do with out the caffeine.alcohol and not having buffalo chicken here and there would kinda suck..and who doesn't like cheese? :lol:

Leon

{##[====:::.
Contributor
Reaction score
spicy foods are my only vice on that short list. i guess, be thankful you're not being asked to give up women ;)

YYZ2112

Um, yeah.....
Contributor
Reaction score
Dude, have your doctor run a Celiac panel. One in 133 people has the disease. If it is the case then all you have to do is avoid anything with gluten in it. IBS and Lactose Intolerance are just a couple of things that can develop as a result of gluten intolerance. Yeah, whether you have it or not, no beer. :noway:

I never started drinking so it's no loss to me, but I can understand where others might find it damn tragic!

That's a real good point. I've read and hear how much Celiacs disease can go undiagnosed because it looks so much like IBS. My wife has it and feels your pain.

')