"To Rotate" Beautiful ambient/metal piece I made today. (Axe-FX, Omnisphere, SD2.0)

• Thread starter Kurkkuviipale
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Kurkkuviipale

Another Sinking ....
Reaction score

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Ruins

Reaction score
FUCKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!! i didn't read what you wrote in this thread i just clicked ont he link direct (sorry for my ignorance, very ass of me, i know) i was writing something and getting my thoughts together while listening to your track, enjoying my self really shortly relaxing to it and then came the end i was seriously saying WTF? what wrong now with this old shit PC. MAN you have to continue this track.
p.s. soundwise i got nothing to complain about so far :D

Customisbetter

WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot
Contributor
Reaction score
:drool: Is all of the heavy lifting done with Omnisphere or are there other synths in effect here?

Kurkkuviipale

Another Sinking ....
Reaction score
All the synths except all the percussional ones are Omnisphere. For electric percussion I used Cubase inbuilt drum machine with step filter and delay. (That's my secret, don't copy it! >: |)

For the static lead in the background I added a filter with full resonance and moving in the function of time.

Cheers for all the feedback guys, I really appreciate the fact that people actually enjoy this.

JamesM

The Armada
Reaction score
Fuckin eh. I normally am not a fan of these musical stylings, but I really enjoyed this.

As I've been in a stage of writer's block for... Well, months, I'm envious of your writing right now. :yesway:

Kurkkuviipale

Another Sinking ....
Reaction score
:wub:

Try to listen to some new music, get fucking tired (it really helps) and I can assure that your writer's block will be gone.

JamesM

The Armada
Reaction score
I hope so. :(

Is this potentially going to turn into a new track?

Kurkkuviipale

Another Sinking ....
Reaction score
We'll see about it... It's already 2 minutes long, but it's a bit repetitive. I've got to figure something not so static to make it work like a song, not like a soundtrack.

JamesM

The Armada
Reaction score
Repetition isn't the issue, I think. It just doesn't go anywhere fast.

You'll figure something out. :)

Kurkkuviipale

Another Sinking ....
Reaction score
It's an issue for me - not to mention the fact that it's going to be dead boring to play.

But I will. I will figure something. :)

The thing is, I made this song in a few hours - all of it and it has a lot of layers. I just have to get unused to it. Like see outside the box where to start the surgery.

Kurkkuviipale

Another Sinking ....
Reaction score
And because half tempo is not enough, I'm reducing the tempo to a quarter.

Only thing I have to do is to find an emo kid to scream on top of it. I'm set!

Reaction score
I'd say although it actually is very repetitive, it doesn't come off to the listener as repetitive. If you do want to cut some time down on it, I would say shorten that last little synth-only section after the solo before the glitch, although that would screw up the feel you've developed for the chord change. fuck it, leave it how it is and add a breakdown!

another thought, you could put this at the end of a song, have the initial section of this song fade in through some rung-out chord, and then use the proposed breakdown as an outro.

Kurkkuviipale

Another Sinking ....
Reaction score
Yea I think I have to figure out where to put this piece before I start molding it. I have some pieces composed halfly and this might just work with them.

We'll see.

')