"To Rotate" Beautiful ambient/metal piece I made today. (Axe-FX, Omnisphere, SD2.0)

• Thread starter Kurkkuviipale
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Meatbucket

The Minotaur
Reaction score
Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Kurkkuviipale

Another Sinking ....
Reaction score
Sounds fantastic. Fancy sharing your S2.0 patch? ;)

I'm not using SD2.0 mixer. I'm using multi-out. VST's used for drums:

Stillwell: 1970, rocket, bombardier
Steinberg: Room Reverb, compressor (not sure about that, I'm trying to not use it anymore), Reverence (for plate reverb)
Cubase channel EQ

The 'secret' here might be the fact that I'm compressing the shit out of the drums. Send them to a 'group' (bus) channel -> add bombardier (the shit!)->Peak Control 1 preset-> tweak to liking.

That plugin is just something.

Also, I'm getting drum mic's and after that I might be posting my SD2.0 mix with details!

Holy hell.
Really enjoyed that and want to see where it goes after that glitch effect.

...fuck I wish I could write stuff like that :|

I really love your drum sound to

Cheers, I want to see that too! :lol:

Please!

This is pretty damn impressive. Drums and guitars both. I particularly love that snare sound. It's massive.

Great Job! :yesway:

Ditto the reply for Scar Symmetry.

This is definitely your most impressive (imo) drum mix, not to say your others weren't but this track just sounds so... good hahaha.

Thanks, I've put a lot of effort on it. I actually feel a little sad to let it go as I get the real mics, but it's gonna definitely be worth it.

This is just classy as hell. :D

Love the feel especially, just flows right through. GREAT JOB! :bowdown:

:cheers:

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn.

:hbang:

Scar Symmetry

Ex Whiny Bitch
Reaction score
I'm not using SD2.0 mixer. I'm using multi-out. VST's used for drums:

Stillwell: 1970, rocket, bombardier
Steinberg: Room Reverb, compressor (not sure about that, I'm trying to not use it anymore), Reverence (for plate reverb)
Cubase channel EQ

The 'secret' here might be the fact that I'm compressing the shit out of the drums. Send them to a 'group' (bus) channel -> add bombardier (the shit!)->Peak Control 1 preset-> tweak to liking.

That plugin is just something.

Also, I'm getting drum mic's and after that I might be posting my SD2.0 mix with details!

Awesome info. I've hear good things about Bombardier actually, I'll be sure to check it out!

Kurkkuviipale

Another Sinking ....
Reaction score
Bombardier's the shit (props to Nolly for the tip BTW). And to once more quote him, be sure to check out the PDF manual of it. Has some seriously good info about compressors and will surely make your mix be more alive.

I have one instance of Bombardier in my master chain BTW. It's a crucial part of my drum sound actually, though it really shouldn't. I'd want to keep the mix there and put the master on after mixing/producing the sounds out of it. Anyhow, I get satisfying results and that's the main point, isn't it?

Iheartmidgetbooty

Recording Studio Idiot
Reaction score
Omg, I want this in my mouth *goes at an attempt to put hands in computer and smashes them on the screen* - THE FUCK!

But in all sincerity, this really is a joy to listen to my friend. I need more of this.

Hammy

Sevenstringer
Reaction score
Wow, that's a very nice solid mix you have going on there! Gotta love the nice attacky drums, and loving the wet sound to it. May I ask you how you got these results? My experience with eighter drumcomputers AND micing drums (something I haven't done alot) is that I can not replicate the in your face attack and nice balanced feel altogether :(

Kurkkuviipale

Another Sinking ....
Reaction score
It's all in the compressing.

And as said before, you might be getting a treat soon if you check out here often enough. (Not for a while though, I'm in the phase of choosing my drum mics to come

Also, I posted some of my plugins used above.

TimTomTum

Reaction score
Ah man! I enjoyed it so much! You call it repepepetive, I call it relaxed.
Do you do any post procession to the omnisphere stuff?
Your drum sound is great though...

Keep up :agreed:

Kurkkuviipale

Another Sinking ....
Reaction score
No post processing on the strings IIRC. Maybe some added high shelf to give it a little presence. And it might just be that there's a stereo enhancer in it.

Lead is a bit processed though. What you hear is basically the pure lead sound with stereo enhancer (yea I like that plugin) and a dual filter that's phasing in the function of time.

Cheers for the comment, feel free to ask more about mix.

')