To Stain or not to Stain???? HELP!!!!!

Manurack

Nunavut Inuk
Reaction score
Alright guys I don't know what to do, do a nice stain on my Stagemaster 7 string, or just do a clear coat finish :scratch:

The guitar is completely UNFINISHED right now, it will look amazing with a nice stain on it, but it also look great natural, the only reason it is completely unfinished right now is because I'm not sure what to do :realmad:

Thanks for the help everyone! :shred:

Attachments

• 7stringcomplete.jpeg
    7stringcomplete.jpeg
    469.1 KB · Views: 76

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

skeels

..to pay the beels
Reaction score
Make sure you sanded all that sealer off man. Otherwise, light or dark, it's up to you.

Personally, I liked your red black burst idea. You could cover up at blade switch hole-to fill it, sand it, then prime it- repeat til smooth - paint red, then black spray on the edges, just edge-on so you get that burst effect.

It's your guit-box though man- make it your own style!

Michael T

Sea Turtles mate
Contributor
Reaction score
+1 on sanding the rest of that sealer off, otherwise its going to be a mess.

Manurack

Nunavut Inuk
Reaction score
Thanks dude, I actually just bought more sand paper from the hardware store today to get the rest of that sealer off, but they were sold out of the wood stain, and only had the clear coat left.

And I've decided to keep the D-Activator, that guitar tone really grew on me in the 2 weeks that I've had it.

BlackMastodon

\m/ (゚Д゚) \m/
Contributor
Reaction score
It's really up to you what colour you want it to end up; there are hundreds of stains out there so you have endless options. Did you have anything in mind?

Manurack

Nunavut Inuk
Reaction score
When I was in high school, we built some little benches in shop class and I used this nice light brown stain on mine, that's what I want.
I can't find any at the hardware store, maybe I'll pay my old shop teacher a visit and talk him into getting half a can of that stain that I want lol

Latest posts

')