To Tremelo, or not to Tremelo?

• Thread starter ProgCorey
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

defchime

Reaction score
suggestion and instead of making a new thread...

couldnt you get a Kahler Hybrid and be able to lock the trem without another device, and the hybrid model can lock down on the cam correct?

If youve ever considered a Kahler.

I want one for my baritone, less routing= less chance of fucking up my guitar.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Ironberry

Reaction score
Yeah, that's always an option, but if the guitar is already routed for a Floyd, you would have to plug the route, re-route it, etc. Too much of a pain. Hell, routing a hardtail for a Kahler is too much of a pain to most folks.

I'm not sure if the Agile CS even offers Kahlers direct from them. They had them on a run of the 8's, but I haven't seen any 7's with them yet.

I had been wondering if they would put Kahlers as a custom option since they put it on the Interceptor 8s...

Anyway, the differences between a Kahler and a Floyd are quite notable and he is set on a Floyd it seems.

Issor

Reaction score
you don't see buckethead - you know, that guy with the chuckie mask and kfc box on his head? - using a wha- using a whammy, do you?

splinter8451

Reaction score
^^ Hahahha that kid is the man. He knows all the tricks the pros use! You don't see Slash or Buckethead with a whammy do ya? No. They learned from this guy.

:rofl:

EliNoPants

Reaction score
this thread was all informational and helpful until the last two posts...however Dave and JJ just made my fucking day with those posts

thesimo

Reaction score
The tremol-no has a little screw on it so you can just wrap the bridge ground wire around it and tighten it.

you GENIUS!! I just installed it :)

v25qOl.jpg

Oz8mMl.jpg

SqvyDl.jpg

not too shabby! even if i do say so myself! (its not locked in this pic)

Issor

Reaction score
Nice camera!

Guitar's not bad either, but I can't figure out why you completely removed the tremolo.

thesimo

Reaction score
Ahh, see I left my strings on. Pain the ass to install that way.

My strings were on, but as they were loose the trem just lifts out, so it sat on the floor with all the strings still attached until i was finished, then i just set it back in, put the springs on and tuned up.

rlv132

Reaction score
Does anyone know how low you can tune without making any adjustments to the trem? I was thinking about picking up an agile and tunning to Drop B/Bb or drop G and getting a tremol-no.

Thanks (didn't want to make a new thread lol)

')